Job Description: C2BMC Test Engineer/Analyst provide engineering support to MDA in providing operational-level interface to the Geographic Combatant Commands (GCCs) for the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS), enabling the Combatant Commands (CCMDs) and their Military Service Components to effectively employ, maintain, and sustain the BMDS, and facilitate warfighter participation in the development of future missile defense capabilities. They provide execution support for MDA-supported Flight/Ground Tests and Exercises.
C2BMC Test Engineer/Analyst supports the C2BMC Test Directorate. This position supports the Missile Defense Agency’s (MDA) Director for Test (DT) providing test infrastructure engineering and technical analysis support during the planning, assessment, and execution of Flight Tests, Ground Tests, Pre-Mission Hardware in the Loop Tests, and element wargames and exercises for the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) Test Program specifically supporting the Command and Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC) future capabilities within the MDA/BC Program Directorate.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
The selectee will provide programmatic, technical, analytic, engineering, and administrative support to MDA, specifically responsible for supporting all phases of BMDS Flight and Ground Test activities in support of the BC program office relative to future C2BMC capabilities. Tasks include interfacing with the various Prime Contractors, the Operational Test Agencies, Warfighters, Component product offices, and other MDA personnel.
Highly Desirable Skills:
- Overall understanding of the BMDS to include C2BMC, Weapons and Sensor (RF and IR) Systems
- Integrated Flight and Ground Testing
- HWIL testing
- BMDS element testing (C2BMC and Overhead Sensor systems)
- Test risk assessment/reporting
- Development of test documentation (Test Plans, Lessons Learned Reports, After Action Reports)
- Development of Integrated Master Test Plan, Master Integration Plan, Assessment Plan, Modeling and Simulation Plan, System Engineering Plan
- Test scenario certification, analysis, and verification of test data and test designs
- Link-16 communications and emulated tactical communications
- Test Objectives Memorandums, Test Requirements
- ITAR, Foreign Disclosure Release
- Test policy, procedure, CONOPS development
- Information portal management, document configuration control, document/data archival
- Test execution in accordance with DoD policies
- Provide documentation inputs to:
- Approved Test Configuration (ATC) Report
- Test Configuration Data Package
- Test Constraints and Launch Constraints Documents
- Test Execution Checklists
- Event Smart Book
- Test Executive Mission Review (EMR)
- Test Flight Readiness Review (FRR)
- Integrated Event Test Team (IETT) Memo
- Test Launch Readiness Review (LRR) package
- Test Mission Execution Package
- Test Participation Matrix
- Test Mission Overview
- Post Test Report
Experience: Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience with flight test engineering/analysis on a major DOD or similar program, to include: Requirements Definition; CONOPS development, Design; Development; Test; Integration; and Verification and Validation. Must have working knowledge of the DoD acquisition process. Experience with developing, testing and fielding components of the BMDS Experience in a technical background and the ability to understand basic ballistic missile systems and performance of ballistic missiles is preferred. Experience with current Missile Defense Agency (MDA) and the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) is a plus. Individual must be self-motivated and have the ability to work effectively in a dynamic team environment.
Education: BA/BS in a related field plus 7 years relevant experience or 12 years relevant experience in lieu of degree requirement.