Applied Systems, Inc., a worldwide leader in insurance technology, is currently searching for a C# Developer/Architect to play a key role in developing medium to high complexity solutions for our insurance software products using cutting-edge methods and development tools.
Following existing coding standards, you will create, modify, repair, and expand new and existing programs to correct errors, increase efficiency, upgrade interfaces, and improve performance. You will be relied upon to research problems, present various solutions, and devise a work plan to solve those problems.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Help lead the architecture for multiple software products, and provide technical leadership to team members
- Collaborate and communicate architectural decisions, plans, goals and strategies
- Be a key participant in code reviews and architecture/design discussions
- In addition to developing new features, you will also help to bring our codebase to a modern, testable, and maintainable platform.
- Participate in Sprint reviews and planning. Collaborating with other members on the AgileScrum team to manage feature development to completion
- Design and develop software solutions using C#, VB.Net, ASP.Net, MVC, SQL Server 2012/2016, and Visual Studio
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field; or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of software design and development experience using C#, SQL Server, and Visual Studio; candidates with experience in VB.Net, ASP.Net, MVC, and REST, encouraged to apply
- Excellent analytical skills, technical creativity, initiative and self-motivation.
- Strong knowledge of software architecture and design best practices, architecture patterns, design patterns and refactoring; experience with databasearchitecture a plus
- Ability to self-manage time and priorities while maintaining high-quality deliverables