Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL®hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, NCAA® Football, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf, SSX, and EA SPORTS UFC. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com.
Using C++ as the primary development language, the Software Engineer will be responsible for developing game and infrastructure features for Madden, as well as improving and maintaining existing code.
- Writes technical design specifications.
- Creates and maintains game engine components.
- Develops common code to extend existing EA proprietary shared libraries
- Profiling and optimizing software components.
- Uses existing code bases & libraries, including contributing to and/or authoring Best Practices and SE Guidelines
What skills does EA look for?
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent training and professional experience
- Proficiency with C++
- Experience in a Client/Server environment
- Basic SQL or MySQL knowledge is preferred
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization
- Strong math skills including trigonometry, calculus and linear algebra..
- Ability to test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer's code competently.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- Constantly innovate how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Excellent decision making capabilities.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions.
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks.
- Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and C#. is an asset
- Knowledge and experience using Flash and specifically in tandem with Actionscript is an asset
- Requisition Number:116353