Our client is a leading global investment firm, managing a wide range of investment funds worldwide across multiple asset classes.
They are currently looking for a strong Development Engineer for their low-latency software unit, developing solutions in C++.
· Design, prototype & build low-latency components for existing trading platforms
· Research, design and test new libraries, new technology (hardware and software) stacks and vendor solutions
· Actively engage with application development teams in reviewing the architecture, application instrumentation & profiling
· Provide performance tuning recommendations
· Actively collaborate with application and infrastructure groups
· 5+ years of experience in low-latency C/C++ programming in a Linux environment
· 3+ years of experience in low-latency and high-performance computing systems (preferably in financial services)
· 2+ years of experience with kernel-bypass networktechnologies such as Solarflare (Open-onload,TCPDirect,ef_vi), Mellanox (VMA, RDMA verbs), DPDK or otherwise
· 2+ years of experience with low-overhead instrumentation, benchmarking, Linux kernel using tools such as Intel Parallel studio toolset, and performance tuning
· Experience programming to modern hardware stack, high-performance software design practices that make optimal use of underlying hardware architecture (chip design, memory/cache hierarchy, PCIe data transfers, interconnects, etc.) is a strong advantage
· Solid understanding of multithreading, parallel programming, SIMD programming, cache-friendly programming, and lock-free semantics
· Experience in programming with hardware accelerators such as GPU, Xeon Phi or other is a plus
· Ideally experience with modern C++ (11/14/17)