Our client is a global investment management fund, active within pensions funds, defined contribution plans, and sovereign wealth funds.
They are currently looking for a strong C++ Developer to join the team in Greenwich, CT. They are looking for a strong Developer to join the team developing a new back-end API with an excellent grasp of high-throughput trading systems, experienced in technologies including ElasticSearch and RabbitMQ as messaging bus.
You will be looking not only for a technical challenge, but to develop into a leader – you will be mentoring 2-3 more junior developers throughout the development cycle, and steadily transition into leading your own projects as Lead Developer.
How you’ll be spending your time:
- Developing buy-side inventory systems
- Developing new financial tools
- Developing software solutions across the full stack
- Maintain the firm’s securitymaster
- Develop market data adapters
- Integration of third-party solutions when necessary (30-40% of projects involve vendor management)
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent field
- Strong software development experience (8+ years) in an enterprise environment
- Experience in the financial tech sector is a must
- Excellent grasp of C++
- Excellent grasp of Databases (SQL and NoSQL, but particularly MS SQL Server, Transact-SQL)
- Strong experience with ElasticSearch
- Great understanding of messaging middleware, particularly RabbitMQ
- Strong level of C#
- Excellent understanding of asset management types and technologies
- Strong SQL skills; experience with MS SQL Server, Transact-SQL
- Experience with building REST APIs is a plus