Our client is a worldwide media company, they are currently seeking a C++/Python Developer to join help work on the Desktop API, this API provides a suite of tools bundled with the Professional service. This allows their clients to deliver market data, historical data, reference data, and analytics into Desktop applications. This team builds state-of-the-art software for DAPI product management, configuration, customer service, and data usage compliance/risk assessment. This team delivers software for both front-end and back-end.
- Create C++ and Python services on Linux
- Work with various databasetechnologies including proprietary COMDB2, IBM DB2, and Microsoft SQL Server databases
- Script complex stored procedures
- Work across multiple teams in Engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Finance or related field
- 5+ years programming experience in C++. Familiar with other object-oriented programming language (Java, Python etc.) is a plus
- Experience building flexible and maintainable software components and framework using object-oriented design and design patterns
- Experience developing stored procedures, performing optimization and query tuning, and designing databases
- Working knowledge of Linux/UNIX shell scripting
- Experienceworking with UIs
- Experience in working with business/customer to identify and understand business needs, analyze and normalize workflow, ramp up and create solutions
- Familiarity with Agile and full SDLC