Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere — and for yourself — we may have the right place for you.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for the design and development of TSYS/Cayan's software components that are deployed to our Stored Value Gateway, supporting merchants' Gift and Loyalty programs, including our integrations with the leading mobile wallet providers.
Working within a team, the Senior Software Engineer will develop primarily using the C and C++ programming languages and is responsible for utilizing a variety of web protocols to integrate capabilities to our stored value gateway and portals, providing web services to PoS, and consuming web services from our Payment Gateway.
The Senior Software Engineer will also help mentor and develop more junior members of the team in all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle, instilling best practices and a commitment to quality in all deliverables.
- BSc or MSc or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in Linux development environment
- Working experience of C and/or C++
- Experience with integrating 3rd party services – eg. SOAP or REST
- Experience with Design Patterns, Refactoring, OO Design and related areas
- Expected to be self-starters who can operate well under a variety of different situations and types of projects, ranging from a team of one to a team of many.
- Passion for and self-motivated interest in Software Development as a profession, not just a job
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, communication and organizational skills
- Must be proactive, self-motivated, attentive to detail, and able to work well under pressure
- Strong communication skills
- Team player with a desire to learn and a willingness to teach and mentor as part of a team
- Able to take ownership of, and responsibility for, assigned work
- Design and develop applications to leverage traditional card and evolving mobile payment technologies and mobile wallets (eg. Android Pay, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay etc.)
- Use the C and C++ programming languages to deliver high quality, easily maintainable production code
- Develop secure software, using hardware acceleration and trusted computing modules to securely capture, store and transmit sensitive payment data
- Implement secure end-to-end transactions, featuring synchronous and asynchronous cryptographic algorithms and digital signatures
- Use SOAP and JSON based web technologies as both client and server within the payment ecosystem
- Participate in the entire software development lifecycle, from requirements analysis through software and test design, implementation and unit testing, to verification and release.
- Apply software design principles, including coupling/cohesion, decomposition/modularity,encapsulation/information hiding, and separation of interface and implementation, and teach these practices to more junior members of the team.
- As part of a customer-focused team, seek understanding of and value in our customers' requirements, and actively shape the product from an engineering standpoint
- Participate in team workshops to generate ideas and high-quality technical solutions – picking the right solution whilst balancing idealism and pragmatism
- Assist with troubleshooting and repairing defects
- Simplify and improve existing technical methodologies
- Adhere to and apply overarching internal practices and policies with respect to coding standards, unit testing, lean development, and status reports
- Assist in project management activities: Estimation, Scheduling, Planning, Tracking progress
- Assist with training and mentoring of others on the team.
- Assists with hiring (Interviewing, Phone Screens)
- Experience in a senior role on software development teams
- Database design and development
- Web client and server programming skills