POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to Deputy Civil Engineer Manager for the geographical region, either 01 or 02, supervises a staff of Union employees in HVAC/HRAC, Plumbing, Carpentry, Electricaltrades and General Maintenance Workers. Assures the optimal functioning of building systems including mechanical, fire/life safety, lighting etc. Manages personnel for facilities repair/renovation projects; Employs personnel in a SMaRT Team Concept, covering a specific geographical site or sites to ensure all routine preventative maintenance checks are accomplished while maintaining the ability to immediately respond to emgergency facility maintence requirments. Ensures all contractor facility requirements are met, in accordance with the PWS. Coordinates and supports all customer project requirements.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Work cooperatively and professionally with the Deputy CE Program Manager for the geographical region (01 or 02) and all personnel on the contract. Coordinate and share best practices with other Deputy CE Managers, superintendents, and other management personnel. Provide guidance and technical direction of RSS II CE Union personnel under your direction and on a specific site or multiple sites of NTTR supporting contract operations; responsible for the quality and performance of work.
- Ensure all work is performed IAW contract directives, establish and maintain work management procedures.
- Coordinate and work with the Project Manager overseeing the new construction and renovation work effort.
- Will oversee and cooperatively manage the following areas in your geographical area of responsibility, in conjunction with the Prime’s representative: Civil Engineering Quality Assurance, Logistics Management, Property Management, Physical Security, Safety-Health, and Environmental programs, as they pertain to the civil engineering functions.
- Performs all necessary management functions in order to plan, implement, track, report, and deliver the required services described in the SOW. These services shall assure the accomplishment of program schedule requirements.
- Employs a responsive and efficient process to respond to IDIQ Task Orders when support services are required.
- Implements a Risk Management Planassociated with the aforementioned activities.
- Maintains, and reports performance metrics which effectively measure the level of performance in execution of the SOW and IDIQ Task Orders.
- Monitor CE procedures and analyze work trends in your area of responsibility.
- Establish and maintain integrity and utilization of CE Maximo database in report development pertaining to CE Operations.
- Centralize receipt, planning and reporting of CE work requirements.
- Responsible for reporting and obtaining Government approval of Preventative Maintenance and/or Construction Management work with projected cost over $5000.
- Manage AFF 332, Base Civil Engineer Work Request process IAW contract and government regulatory requirements
- Responsible for project execution by in-house resources, sub-contract and/or other avenues to include project development, narratives, sketches, drawings, detailed schedules, milestones, materials, estimated performance periods, execution, progress documentation, and closeout documentation; all accomplished within 30 days of project execution and completion.
- Will participate in developing engineering packages, working with RSS II Contracting in submittal, contractor selection, execution, and project oversight.
- Responsible to assit in managing, maintaining, and updating government-provided as-built drawings and related items such as AutoCAD files, maps, plans, sketches, and surveys to meet contract requirements.
- Schedule work based on Government and Mission prioritization.
- Responsible for Real Property asset management, inventory, accountability and documentation IAW contract and government regulatory requirements
- Educate external customers of CE processes and contractual requirements, interface and facilitate with customers and government agencies.
- Manage preventative maintenance program for your geographical area.
- Ensure CE CDRLs are accomplished, delivered on time, content is accurate and formatted IAW contract DID instructions.
- Responsible for facility manager training and, maintaining accurate up to date facility manager listings.
- Responsible for development and delivery of CE Status Report to identify PM, CM, and WO status, impact and solutions for issues impacting customer missions.
- Performs other duties and assignments as required.
- Supervises trades’ personnel, utilizing the SMaRT team concept. including superintendents and supervisory and other management personnel.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Deputy Civil Engineering Program Manager.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Personal computer and other general office equipment and personal protective equipment and specialized safety equipment, as necessary.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
Works in a general office environment. Frequent travel over long distances throughout the NTTR is required and will necessitate routine overnight stays in austere and harsh environments. As an exempt employee, may be required to work other than standard work hours to ensure effective customer support.
Education/Certifications: One-year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent experience.
Experience: 10 years demonstrated management and leadership applicable in field of Facility Operations & Maintenance, Construction, and Civil Engineering. This includes experience in engineering and administration in the operation and maintenance of industrial or military facilities and in the organization and implementation of design and construction programs. Experience managing and leading work crews in the execution of construction work and facility O&M. Must have working knowledge of AutoCAD and other Microsoft Office applications.
Prior military experience is a plus.