DevOps Engineer, Associate: To assist in the following: DevOps tools and processes, as well as working closely with development, quality assurance (QA), and support teams to complete Operations/deployment/ CICD tasks within deadlines. Contract to hire
What you will do:
- Functions as an individual contributor and works under minimal supervision of a team lead.
- Follows associated DevOps procedures and uses DevOps tools for large software-development information-system projects to assist the DevOps team lead.
- Maintains and helps with Build & Deployment operations to support various logical environments (e.g., development, test, production, operation)
- Writes scripts and sets up and maintains CICD pipeline and automates the deployments under the guidance of the team lead
- Basic Understanding on RDBMS concepts.
- Writes infrastructure as code, pipeline as code & configuration as code
- Builds and maintains environments (e.g., development, test, production, operation)
- Participates in continuous process improvements and automation
- Utilizes version control for proper branching/merging strategies and fixing any merge conflicts.
- Maintains release documentation, records and standard operating procedures.
- Creates and recommends baselines
- Collaborates closely with development, QA, and support teams to complete operations/ deployments/ automation tasks within deadlines
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree or with 2 –6 years of relevant work experience
- Master’s Degree with 4 – 6 years of relevant work experience
- Basic working knowledge of DevOps tools, Linux, AWS, Maven/Gradle, Jenkins, JFrog Artifactory, SONAR or similar code scanning tools, Subversion, Fortify or similar security scan tools, Bash scripting, MS Office tools, J2EE, and RDBMS concepts
- Domain knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, or healthcare verticals
- Shows initiative, enthusiasm, creativity and resourcefulness in handling assignments
- Demonstrates flexibility in working under demands and needs of the project
- Possesses the ability to concentrate for extended periods of time and accomplish the given task with minimum oversight
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skill
- Knowledge of DevOps concepts, CICD best practices
- Ability to work within multiple groups of employees and willingly share time, knowledge, and information with others
- Ability to understand business needs, analyze processes, and develop alternative solutions
- Ability to question the status quo & implement continuous process improvements
Preferred: AWS certification, scripting experience in at least one language, moderate Linux experience, knowledge of Application Service Administration