Job Overview As one of our Computer Vision Software Engineers for the advanced packaging equipment team, your primary task will be to develop software for the soft real-time coordination of motion control, pick-and-place processes, image acquisition and processing, object recognition and processing.
You will be a member of a team that will be developing highly complex software systems for semiconductor assembly equipment In this self-steering team, you’ll work on realization of the software through a scrum based, agile way of working.
You will work on the full development cycle of new features, product enhancement, troubleshooting and debugging both in simulation as well as on the machines. Responsibilities and Duties
- Work closely with multi-site software teams to coordinate with your counterparts from around the globe to deliver software features that support advanced packaging equipment.
- Reviewing and co-specifying requirements.
- Work with system engineers to draft proposals for value-added vision features/solutions to improve machine UPH/Accuracy/MTBA.
- Interacts with other subsystem engineers (Mechanical, Electrical, Motion etc.) and help to assess different design alternatives for pros/cons.
- Designing and coding the software using C++ language.
- Implementation and testing.
- Support advanced packaging equipment demo, qualification and buyoff in-house or at international customer sites
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related fields.
- Experience in software design and implementation
- Proficient in C++ and Object Oriented Analysis & Object Oriented Design Methodologies
- Deep theoretical & practical background in Applied Mathematics, Optimization, Signal Processing, Object/Pattern Recognition
- Experience in debug and bring-up of prototype HW/SW systems including optics, illumination, imaging sensors, and their interactions with motion systems
- Experience with developing C++ real time image processing algorithms under Win32 and MFC, Linux, TCP/IP Networking, multithreading, and inter-process communication.
- Experience with 3rd party imaging tools/APIs/SDKs such as MIL (matrox imaging library), Matlab, OpenCV or other open source libraries is a plus point
- Experience or exposure in using machine learning techniques such as developing a high level image scene classifier and/or applying adaptive vision algorithms based on features extraction and data mining, ability to construct the whole system from concept development, data collection, real time implementation to field deployment.
- Prior experience in the architecture, design and development of real-time control software for semiconductor equipment with software preferred