$250K — $500K+*
The Object Oriented Program Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial-Off-the-Shelf (COTS)/Government-Off-the-Shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Requires a Bachelors degree and twenty 20 years of software engineering experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity.
- In lieu of a degree you may substitue four 4 years of additional software engineering experience.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Select the software development process in coordination with the customer and system engineering
Area of Responsibility: National Security Systems/ Defense Industrial Base
- Requires Proficiency developing in C and C++
- Requires Windows or Linux development experience
- Requires Strong Oral and Written communication skills
- Requires Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build effective working relationships
- Reverse engineering
- Software Defined Radio / Mobile communications development experience
- Experience with modern UI frameworks including Angular.js, React.js, Vue.js.
- GNU toolchain experience
- Embedded systems experience (usage of JTAG Debuggers, JTAG Programmers, Serial Ports, ESD equipment)
- System administration experience (helps with design, development)
ProSync Technology is a leader in the Intelligence Community built on a community of talented and committed individuals. With a heritage built on supporting National Security and telecommunications industry we deliver solutions in Hardware Engineering, Intelligence Analysis, Cyber Defense, Research and Software Development.
Our executive team creates and expands business opportunities, recruits talented and intelligent technology professionals, and fosters a company culture that empowers ProSync professionals to shape and mold the direction of their careers and the direction of ProSync. Employees of ProSync Technology Group, LLC and applicants for employment shall be afforded equal opportunity in all aspects of employment without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, national origin, disability, sex, age, or marital status.
Valid through: 5/14/2021