Job Description : Lockheed Martin invites you to step up to one of today’s most daunting challenges: the use of advanced electronics to undermine our way of life. As a software engineer in this position you will be working on a system developed around software defined radio. This position includes working with the customer to gather necessary information and define requirements. You’ll work with fast-paced teams using the agile software development methodology. The primary responsibility in this role is to design and implement the physical layer of a software defined radio on a variety of platforms. Secondary responsibilities will include the implementation and design of layer 3 of a software defined radio, implementation and design of tests (unit, subsystem and system), design and implementation of supporting scripts, and maintaining documentation related to your designs.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Experience/knowledge of software practices and configuration management
- Experience using C/C++ or another object oriented development language
- Experience with developing layer 1 of a SDR or other DSP related development
- Effective oral and written communication skills and an ability to work effectively in an agile team environment
- Demonstrated software design experience
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies (Software languages, software patterns, signal analysis, software defined radio, etc.)
- Ability to work effectively in a rapid prototyping environment (Design a little, code a little, test a little)
- Strong analysis and mathematical skills
- Experience with software version control tools
- Current TS/SCI, last periodic reinvestigation within the last five years.
- Software Defined Radio (SDR) experience
- Experience with Signal Analysis
- Desire to lead or able to self-direct
- Familiarity with signal test equipment (Spectrum Analyzers, Function Generators, )
- Knowledge of Agile development tools and methodologies specifically the Atlassian tool set (Jira, Crucible, Fisheye, and Confluence)
- Matlab/Octave experience
- COTS integration (ActiveMQ, Boost, jsoncpp, Log4cxx, etc.)
- C++ experience in real time processing environment
- Linux operating system experience
- Experience with software version control methodologies (git)
- Experience with scripting languages (Bash/Python)
- Experience creating successful application with vague or no requirements
- Experience with Systems Engineering practices and high level software design patterns
- C++ 11 experience
- GPU/CUDA programming
- Communications algorithm prototyping
- Modeling and simulation experience
- Automated testing experience (Nightly build and test) executed via scripting/Jenkins/Boost Unit Test
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.