ID2015-6029Category Software DevelopmentLocationUS-MA-Maynard
Our OneLink product is a collection of software services and tools that provide on-the-fly translated pages for the websites you use every day. Our team of software engineers & web developers create OneLink services and tools that provide the environment needed to instantly translate a website from virtually any language to any other language. It is our combination of technical smarts and customized attention that makes our clients’ translated sites fly!
Translations.com is looking for an entry level software engineer to work with our growing OneLink development team in Maynard MA. This position will be responsible for developing real time web proxy language translation software in our high paced continuous deployment Agile development environment.
Your work will directly impact the live websites of our worldwide client base with new clients being added every week!
- Participate in multiple concurrent projects, designing, developing, and maintaining complex ‘C’ and C++ software modules.
- Resolve existing and new defects.
- Develop automated unit and system tests.
- Work with project managers to scope, document and deliver software modules.
- Participate in the agile development processes with local and globally distributed teams.
- BS / BA or equivalent, in Computer Science / Computer Engineering.
- 5-7 years software development experience.
- Strong emphasis on ‘C’ and C++ development.
- Strong understanding of web technologies / developing web services.
- Experience working in a LAMP development environment.
- Intelligent, technically curious and self-motivated to understand existing product functionality.
- Ability to quickly understand, learn and communicate complex technical concepts.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a distributed team setting and contribute unique ideas to the group.
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and planning skills.
- Experience with development tools for source control and defect management, such as SVN (Subversion) and JIRA.
- Experience working in a SaaS environment.