$100K — $150K *
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
Our products play an important role in the national security of the United States and more than 70 other countries, ensuring peace and stability around the world. Highly trained and specialized personnel and facilities are key to the company's unrivaled success in the aeronautics industry. Our workforce of more than 25,000 has pre-eminent expertise in advanced aircraft design and production, modification and support, stealth technology and systems integration.
The C-130J Field Service Engineer (FSE) position is at a customer site located in Sigonella, Italy. Note: The selected candidate will not have to relocate to South Carolina, but can deploy directly to Italy from their current location. The FSE will advise/assist the customer on all matters pertaining to the daily maintenance, inspection, logistics, and operation of the C-130J aircraft. This role requires extensive C-130J aircraft experience to include Avionics/Electrical systems and must possess a good working knowledge of all aircraft systems. Experience in troubleshooting, operation, modification and inspection methods relative to the installed systems is essential. Position involves significant interface with customer personnel at all levels; excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are required.
Tasks include but are not limited to the following:
• Provide on-site/on-equipment engineering assistance and technical advice including investigation, engineering analysis and interpretation of results to customer personnel.
• Assistance to the customer will be provided on all aspects of equipment operations including installation, maintenance and operation techniques, adjustment, calibration, trouble shooting, bench check, routine maintenance, inspection and intermediate level repair.
• Provide advice in the identification of and instruction on the use of special tools, handling equipment and test equipment associated with the C-130J aircraft.
• Provide advice and assistance on the use and interpretation of C-130J technical orders, Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and other related technical publications.
• Provide on-going surveillance of shop maintenance and safety practices; provide technical advice and recommend corrective measures necessary to ensure adequate maintenance and safety procedures are followed to minimize future problems.
• Assist the customer in troubleshooting of unusual and difficult maintenance issues associated with C-130J aircraft. Analyze maintenance problems and suggest improvements where indicated.
• Provide liaison between customer, Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and Depot on related maintenance and operational problems.
• Provide advice as requested to assist in accident investigation and preparing failure data reports.
• Candidate must be willing to travel and accept assignment to any location for which selected.
• Must be a US Citizen. Must pass Medical Physical after offer acceptance.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Candidates must meet all of the skills listed below to be considered:
• 8 years of C-130 aircraft maintenance experience
• 4 years of C-130J avionics experience
• C-130J Data Transfer Diagnostic System (DTADS) Knowledge of operation and interpretation
• Experience with all C-130J systems
• Experience MS Office software
The following Desired Skills are not required, but are those skills that would set a candidate apart from the others:
• 10 years of C-130 experience
• 6 years of C-130J experience
• Ability to speak, a second language
• Fluent (read, read and write) in Italian
• 2 years experience as a C-130J Field Service Representative
• Experience at an operational C-130 customer site
• Structural or APG background.
Other Important Information You Should KnowExpression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Telecommute: The work associated with this position will be performed at the designated Lockheed Martin facility. Situational telecommuting may be considered and authorized at the discretion of your leader and based upon the role.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: Non- standard 40 hour work week as assigned by leaderClearance Level: None Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Product SupportType: Full-TimeVirtual Location: noShift: First
Valid through: 11/12/2020
$150K — $200K
11 days ago