Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season. We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can find fabulous fashion at affordable prices online and in one of our 1,000+ stores globally. Old Navy celebrates a workplace that’s just as diverse as our customers. Fun, fashion, family and value are at the heart of everything we do. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.Old Navy – a brand for everyone a place for you!
General Summary: The Buying Director for China is responsible for the successful end-to-end Buying and management of a Kids and Baby. The Director leads a team that may consist of Managers, Buyers, Analysts, and Inventory Specialists through the successful development, execution and communication of financial and inventory plans and strategies to meet or exceed sales, gross margin, and inventory goals with strategies that support the global brand LRP and local China needs. They collaborate, influence, and strategize with cross-functional partners to deliver on goals that positively impact the China business. The Director will own driving the business for multiple areas and leading a dynamic and engaged team. The Buying Director for China must lead with inspiration and vision to invigorate the teams to drive the business to propel growth.
- Oversees the development of division, department & class level plans that support market strategy
- Oversees and guides the development of pre-season style plans and investment quantities in line with commercial plan and market financial goals
- Oversees the reconciliation of company-to-division top-down and bottoms-up plans
- Manages monthly Open to buy activities
- Develop multiple department level pricing recommendations and strategies
- Lead and implement consistent and profitable in season replenishment strategies for the market including oversight and negotiation of e-commerceinventory balancing and works closely
- Provides information to develop key concepts, key items, promotional strategies and assortments that are commercially viable and provide exciting store experiences in line with the Global Old Navy strategies
- Understands product trends, historical data and departmental input at category/class level and applies learnings into future product strategies
- Understands competitive environment; proactively seeks market knowledge through exposure to competitive retail outlets. Creates a collaborative, innovative and results-orientated environment
- Manage, support and develop direct reports to ensure job satisfaction, retention and future talent development
- Participate in Old Navy International talent meetings
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of buying/inventory management experience (online experiencepreferred)
- 5+ years of supervisory experience, preferred
- Ability to travel to the market as needed
- Analytic Skills: Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Relationship Management: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Presentation Skills: Effective in a variety of presentation settings including one-on-one, small and large groups, and with peers and bosses
- Influencing & Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action
- Planning & Priority Setting: Demonstrate an ability to set objectives and goals and organize work
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.