Polaris Alpha develops innovative solutions to the most significant challenges affecting our Nation's ability to collect, utilize, and defend digital information. We’re passionate about developing cutting-edge, creative solutions, and fostering a highly sought-out place of employment for many of the brightest minds in the industry. We are the best because we hire the best. At Polaris Alpha, we have developed a culture of going above and beyond the normal expectations in the delivery of our work. Our clients and employees are the number one reason why we’re successful, and that formula won’t be changing!
We are looking for a Buyer\Subcontracts Administrator (SCA) at our Fredericksburg, VAlocationresponsible to execute procurement transactions by processing purchase orders for materials and quick turn services and issuing subcontracts for large labor and services requirements. The Buyer/SCA conducts requests for quotes/proposals, evaluates bids and proposals, conducts negotiations, and performs administration of subcontracts. The Buyer/SCA analyzes estimates of service, material, equipment, and production costs. Monitors subcontractor performance for conformance to original proposal and maintains continual reviews to ensure that all terms and conditions are met and that the subcontract is in accordance with legal requirements, customer specifications, and government regulations. Prepares and disseminates information throughout the company regarding subcontract status, compliance, modification, deviation, negotiation, and termination. Initiates documentation to authorize and direct work in accordance with the subcontractspecifications, Statements of Work and Terms & Conditions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a financial or business discipline with 3+ years of subcontracts and procurement experience. Eight (8) years of additional experience, applicable training and/or certifications may be substituted for the Bachelor’s Degree.
• Must be experienced with working with various contract types (IDIQ Task Order, T&M, CPFF, FFP). Must be knowledgeable in the FAR and DFARS. Experience with the Government Contractor Purchasing System Reviews is valued.
• Subcontract Management (Procurement) experience- Cradle-to-Grave subcontract administration, including supporting development and review of work specifications, solicitations, Price Analysis, subcontract modifications, routine correspondence and developing compliant file documentation. Candidate must also demonstrate experience in reviewing and negotiating Terms & Conditions and Subcontractor cost/price proposals. Review and execution of Non-Disclosure, Teaming and Consultant Agreements
• Must demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy in work performance and work products.
• Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, be accountable for making and meeting work/schedule commitments, and demonstrate ability to effectively collaborate across internal program and functional teams as well as with Suppliers and Subcontractors.
• Exhibit commitment to continuing education, training and improvement in working knowledge of government contract administration.
• Professional designation/certification such as CSCP, CPM, CFCM, CPCM