Buyer & Purchasing Specialist
5 - 7 years experience • Manufacturing / Electronics
Our client manufactures award-winning smart city technology, including advanced low-power IoT devices, smart metering, ecofriendly infrastructure, advanced wireless connectivity, and other emerging smart technology. They are hiring a Buyer & Purchasing Specialist to manage shipping and receiving inventory during the manufacturing process.
The hardware they bring to market will be integrated into smart cities, green IT initiatives, carrier-grade WiFi networks, and other advanced technology projects.
The Purchasing Specialist helps to run a high-volume international manufacturing environment that produces highly advanced smart city technology. They will oversee shipping and receiving, inventory management, and coordination between departments.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus benefits, including annual performance bonus, medical/dental health benefits, 401(K) company match, and more.
- Company is strongly positioned within a booming market: already producing in-demand products while other firms are only just entering the market.
- High level of visibility – access to directors, VPs, and executives.
- Outstanding opportunity to build an advanced skillset in manufacturing, logistics, supply chain strategy, and distribution.
- Market is expected to triple within 3 years as more municipalities demand energy-efficient wireless technology and smart infrastructure upgrades.
- Scenic, modern office located in downtown Denver.
- Highly experienced leadership and a culture of innovation.
- Large pool of resources available to ensure top quality service.
- Company has over 10 years of experience delivering IoT/M2M device technology.
- Support purchasing activities within a high-volume manufacturing system for electronic wireless devices and equipment.
- Source materials and assist in production planning, allocations, manufacturing capacity, and distribution strategy.
- Manage inventory, including shipping/receiving activities, and perform inventory reconciliation activities.
- Review SLA agreements and issue purchase orders to vendors and suppliers.
- Assist engineering team in sourcing materials, such as custom components, plastics, metal, chipsets, PCBs, modules, and electronic components.
- 4+ years of experience of experience in a high-volume manufacturing or distribution environment, ideally with a focus on inventory management and shipping/receiving.
- Strong attention to detail for shipping and receiving orders from suppliers.
- Superb communication; able to coordinate between departments and vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with SAP or other ERP software is a strong plus.
- Familiarity with accounting documentation (invoices, BOM/bill of material, budgets, etc.).
- Understanding of wireless, telecom, or electronics industry is a strong plus.