Buyer / Procurement / Purchasing Analyst (Federal)
We are looking for Buyer / Procurement/Purchasing Analyst (Federal) for our client in ?????Germantown, MD
Job Title: Buyer / Procurement/Purchasing Analyst (Federal)
Job Location: Germantown, MD
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Possess a Bachelor's or higher degree in Business, Management or in a technical discipline, or any combination of formal training and experience in the field of Contracts and Procurement, equivalent to 5 or more years.
- Certification as a Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP) or related certification highly desired.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of contract types such as cost-plus, fixed-price, cost reimbursable, the Service Contract Act, FAR and DFAR clauses and special provisions.
- Must possess an in-depth working knowledge of the accounting functions within the Company.
- Must be computer literate and possess knowledge of computer-based tools to include database maintenance, personal computer operations, word-processing and spreadsheet software.
- Knowledge of Cost Point procurement system. Must possess good written and verbal communication skills to effectively accomplish the duties and tasks of the position.
- Must qualify for and maintain a government security clearance and possess a current state issued driver?s license.
- Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with the cost, quality, and delivery requirements.
- Support the purchasing function and communicate any supply problems which may impact program business operations.
- Act as an interface between suppliers and the functions.
- Work with suppliers to ensure prompt delivery of products to satisfy immediate customer demands.
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
- Manage purchase requisitions and backlogs at an acceptable level.
- Administers all purchase orders including: monitoring performance, prices, and certifications; exercising of options, conducting market analysis and negotiating prices; maintaining purchase order files; issuing modifications as necessary; assisting management in resolving supplier problems; and resolving invoicing issues with Finance and Accounting.
- Ensures that all necessary procurement data is entered and maintained in automated systems.
- Confer with suppliers concerning late deliveries.
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates and awards procurement to selected supplier.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
- Must have the ability to stand, walk, sit, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Must use hand to finger motion, and be able to climb and balance.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, and up to 100 pounds with mechanical assistance.
- Must be able to work in wet or humid conditions.
- Will work near moving mechanical parts.
- Will work in high and precarious places.
- Must be able to have clear close, distance, color and peripheral vision.
- Must have depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
- May have to work around fumes, air borne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals.
- May have to work in the outdoors in extreme heat or cold weather.
- The noise level in this area is moderate.