Buyer / Procurement / Purchasing Analyst (Federal)
5 - 7 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
We are looking for Buyer / Procurement/Purchasing Analyst (Federal) ?for our client in Germantown, MD
Job Title: Buyer / Procurement/Purchasing Analyst (Federal)
Job Location: Germantown, MD
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
- Directs the day to day purchase, receipt, storage, and sale of products to our customers by performing the following duties personally.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Possess a Bachelor's or higher degree in Business, Management or in a technical discipline, or any combination of formal training and experience in the field of Contracts and Procurement, equivalent to 5 or more years.
- Certification as a Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP) or related certification highly desired.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of contract types such as cost-plus, fixed-price, cost reimbursable, the Service Contract Act, FAR and DFAR clauses and special provisions.
- Must possess an in-depth working knowledge of the accounting functions within the Company.
- Must be computer literate and possess knowledge of computer-based tools to include database maintenance, personal computer operations, word-processing and spreadsheet software.
- Knowledge of Cost Point procurement system. Must possess good written and verbal communication skills to effectively accomplish the duties and tasks of the position.
- Must qualify for and maintain a government security clearance and possess a current state issued driver’s license.
- Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with the cost, quality, and delivery requirements.
- Support the purchasing function and communicate any supply problems which may impact program business operations.
- Act as an interface between suppliers and the functions.
- Work with suppliers to ensure prompt delivery of products to satisfy immediate customer demands.
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
- Manage purchase requisitions and backlogs at an acceptable level.
- Administers all purchase orders including: monitoring performance, prices, and certifications; exercising of options, conducting market analysis and negotiating prices; maintaining purchase order files; issuing modifications as necessary; assisting management in resolving supplier problems; and resolving invoicing issues with Finance and Accounting.
- Ensures that all necessary procurement data is entered and maintained in automated systems.
- Confer with suppliers concerning late deliveries.
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates and awards procurement to selected supplier.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
- Must have the ability to stand, walk, sit, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Must use hand to finger motion, and be able to climb and balance.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, and up to 100 pounds with mechanical assistance.
- Must be able to work in wet or humid conditions.
- Will work near moving mechanical parts.
- Will work in high and precarious places.
- Must be able to have clear close, distance, color and peripheral vision.
- Must have depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
- May have to work around fumes, air borne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals.
- May have to work in the outdoors in extreme heat or cold weather.
- The noise level in this area is moderate.