Will analyze and source required products, negotiate pricing conditions & determine alternative products to meet customer demand and within solicitation, bid, or order due dates. Provides input for accurate forecasting system and maintains data integrity. Analyze & performs departmental sourcing queries & database, contracts, warranty, price change database, minority reporting, etc. Prepares comprehensive reports related to Industrial Group purchasing activity. Works independently and with manager to formulate solutions for recommendations leading to process improvements based on data and planning sources.
- Negotiate, source, expedite, (price, quantity, lead time, etc.) and follow-up as needed with suppliers. Place orders, and expedite. Is instrumental in driving complete and on-time delivery of required products to meet customer demand.
- Make recommendations to improve and maintain optimal inventory and service levels and to improve the flow of purchased product through our distributionnetwork. Works with management team to meet lifecycle demands.
- Review, analyze and resolve or present corrective actions to appropriate group for process issues involving internal and external customers.
- Works with manager to identify root cause of process issues. Takes appropriate corrective actions as directed by manager to resolve issues within the department. Communicates cause & resolution within the department, as directed.
- Creates and analyzes reports as needed or defined by the manager to generate suggested course of action(s) based on report data.
- Analyze service level, backorder & inventory data
- Ability to work with R&D and Sales force on new project launch.
- Helps drive cost savings through project/process improvements, negotiations, and value engineering.
- Prepare and research quotes for potential submission.
- Must have aBachelor Degree in Business, Operations Management, or Supply Chain Management or related field with 7-10years’experienceminimum in:
- Purchasing / sourcing / Supply Chain
- Forecasting / planning
- Product and project management.
- CPSM, CSCP, or CPIM certification, is required.
- Requires knowledge of common purchasing, planning policies and procedures. Able to demonstrate practical application of knowledge.
- Must have basic business acumen; understanding of business operations and finance issues. Prior experience working in a commercial/industrial or military industry, a plus.
- Must have solid negotiation, sourcing and research skills as well as strong analytical skills.
- Ability to source product within tight time schedules & complex processes, while managing multiple priorities and projects simultaneously and upholding ethical standards.
- Microsoft Office Suite products with intermediate or higher Excel is required. Accuracy is a critical skill.
- Effective communication (written, oral) and interpersonal skills required. Must be a self-starter who is able to work independently and within a team environment.
- May require (overnight / domestic) travel as member of team to resolve issues pertaining to processes.
- Must hold and maintain all credentials required for the position.
Snap-on offers a competitive compensation package and a complete benefits package which includes which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, an employee assistance program (EAP), a 401k Savings plan, a pension plan, tuition reimbursement, legal services plan, an employee stock purchase plan, a discount on Snap-on products, and more.