VISION: Best practices, world class manufacturing operation; division of global corporation; make-to-order manufacturing center of excellence with multiple productions cells and Six Sigma culture. Division is expanding and profitable. Company is looking for promotable talent that wants to make a difference.
OPPORTUNITY: Support total manufacturing process. This will include working with vendors on sourcing to meet Just-In-Time production and assisting on production planning and materials scheduling. Role will require daily communications with vendors, engineering, master scheduling, sales, and supply chain. Areas of responsibility and involvement will include:
· Partner to understand material flow, inventory levels, and production planning to determine materials to be purchased on a weekly/monthly basis
· Work with vendors to negotiate on prices and quantities of materials to meet expanding production requirements; execute purchase orders and maintain a consistent flow of parts
· Partner with engineering and manufacturing on new products and Engineering Change Notices to address new or alternative materials that must be purchased.
· Support production scheduling to minimize daily production downtime on scheduled orders due
· Assist on enhancements in vendor management, production scheduling, and inventory management using Kanban processes.
REQUIREMENTS: BA/BS ideal; seek 5+ years of production planning and purchasing experience that includes process improvement and/or cost reduction involvement. Must have hands on experience with Excel as well as an ERP system (i.e. VISUAL, SAP, JDE). Key characteristics are: team player; strong sense of urgency; multi-tasker; and a passion to make a difference. This role has excellent upside and client is definitely looking for a promotable contributor.
REWARD: $80-95,000 plus excellent benefits and a great employer investing locally in Connecticut.