Hafele America - Archdale, NC
The Buyer is responsible for negotiating and maintaining relationships with suppliers, purchasing inventory, managing inventory stock levels, along with accurately maintaining the item parameters related to purchasing within ERP to give the customer a clear expected delivery of product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties/responsibilities may be assigned)
- Negotiate with suppliers regarding price, lead time, ordering quantities, shipping terms, and delivery expectations to achieve ongoing cost containment and improvement.
- Review and generate purchase orders, based upon replenishment parameters derived from DRP, min-max parameters and manual purchase order creation to meet expectations of stock availability and orders shipped on time.
- Maintain accuracy of purchase orders within ERP to clearly communicate availability dates to customers.
- Resolve compliance discrepancies.
- Resolve delivery discrepancies and maintain clear, timely communication to Procurement customers the progress of product deliveries.
- Resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Maintain accuracy of item parameters in ERP.
- Evaluate and work close with Planning, Product Management, and Sales to maintain planning parameters to meet inventory expectations.
- Find sources and negotiate pricing for new products and resource existing products when needed.
- Reviews with suppliers annual performance metrics and develops plan for improvement if necessary.
- Analytical Skills: You will be working with multiple vendors to determine and evaluate the many pros and cons of each, based on financial analysis, quality, speed of delivery and other factors.
- Decision-Making Skills: You will need to use the information you have gathered to make decisions on representing Hafele.
- Math Skills: Basic math skills will be needed to analyze prices and get the best deals possible.
- Negotiating Skills: You will be working with suppliers to create the best deals.
- Service: Must have an intense focus on service and be adaptable to a constantly changing work environment.
- Work Environment: Ability to handle multiple tasks, work either independently or in a team environment and be detail-oriented.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Excel skills are required, with advanced Excel skills a plus. Experiencewithin Oracle ERP is desired.
- Communication: Strong communication and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with people of varying responsibilities.
- Travel: Must be able to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Associates degree in buying, logistics, procurement, or other relevant business course study with3 to 5years’ experience in a purchasing/inventory management/supply chain environment.
- Equivalent education and experience will be considered.
- Experience in a global organization with multiple distributionchannels.
- Supply Chain certification is desired.
- Ability to read and interpret procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees or managers in Hafele.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a multiple facility operation that requires working primarily in an office environment. Working and moving in a manufacturing and distribution center environment is also required. The employee will be in the presence of equipment that could cause injury. Adherence to safety rules and instructions are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee:
- Is required to sit and use a computer for long periods of time.
- Is required to walk between multiple facilities outside.
- Is required to climb stairs.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Is required to talk or hear.
- Must have close and color vision capabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
- Distribution manufacturing: 5years
- Buyer/Planner: 5years
- customer driven work environment: 5years
- Purchasing: 5years
- Forecasting: 5years
- Supply Chain certification: 1year