Pentair plc (NYSE: PNR) is a global company dedicated to building a safer, more sustainable world. Pentair delivers industry leading products, services and solutions that help people make the best use of the resources they rely on most. Its technology moves the world forward by ensuring that water is plentiful, useful and pure, and that critical equipment and those near it are protected. With 2016 revenues of $4.9 billion, Pentair employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
A global water leader focused on smart, sustainable water and fluid processing applications. It designs, manufactures and delivers innovative solutions to residential, commercial and industrial customers who place a premium on high quality water and fluids. Strategic business units include Aquatic and Environmental Systems, Water Filtration, Water Technologies, Process Technologies, and Fluid Motion. Pentair's Water segment generated approximately $2.8 billion in sales in 2016.
Pentair is currently seeking a Buyer of Motors to manage and direct the purchasing of electrical components (motors, controllers, etc) for North Aurora, IL. This will include the planning and procurement of cost effective, quality standard and factory order special materials and services required to achieve division operations and production goals. In this role, the Buyer of Motors will establish, maintain, and enhance the quality of the assigned goods with a focus on eliminating nonconformities, continuous improvement, reducing total delivered costs, and improving customer satisfaction. Interested candidates, who meet the requirements below, are encouraged to apply today!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works directly with suppliers, perform supplier audits, issue and coordinate supplier corrective action reports.
- Conducts problem solving, facilitate problem solving teams, analyze and present data electronically to facilitate root cause corrections.
- Solid knowledge of electrical motors and controllers, as well as the material process flow.
- Ability to source and manage the electrical component supply chain for both domestic and international supply base.
- Experience with electrical industry dynamics, capacity constraints, global material cost pressures & and production processes.
- Ability to work with Engineering and supplier to utilize existing inventory to meet customer needs.
- Thorough understanding of electrical testing and specifications.
- Knowledgeable in reading and interpreting mechanical blue prints.
- Understanding of how motors and controllers are produced and the functionality of that industry’s supply chain.
- Understanding of the holistic supply chain for raw materials management.
- Experience in developing supplier relationships to enable company to gain market share.
- Management of electrical components through the supplier’s facility, transportation, and delivery to factory or end customer as needed.
- Ability to interpret forecast into production plan for better commodity management and better utilization of working capital/inventoryinvestment throughout supply chain.
- Employs lean concepts and techniques, working closely with the lean team to improve productivity.
- Designs and implements short term and long term business strategy plans that meet / exceed business growth targets.
- Designs and implements process improvements targeted at improved productivity, quality, safety, value engineering, cost and efficiency of operations.
- Provides leadership for problem resolution to facilitate faster improvements and improved working relationships with suppliers.
- Successful in working with Division/Corporate on Commodity Teams.
Job Requirements & Skills
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree plus ten years related experience in buying role (electricalexperience a must).
- MBA, or advanced engineering degree a plus.
- Certifications such as Six Sigma, Greenbelt etc. also a plus.
- Experience in the following industries isrequired:
- Electrical and/or Controller Manufacturer
- Capital machinery builders (OEM's)
- A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- An ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-2 year time span.
- The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Manufacturing systems development and deployment.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Technical skills in Lean Manufacturing techniques, Kaizen, Process Improvement, freight and distribution, materials management and production scheduling.
- Fosters employee training and development.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Builds high performance teams and is a strong team player.
- Strong commitment to company values.
- Excellent computer proficiency.
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer.