Buyer/Expeditor - ( 210001O7 )Description
As energy availability becomes increasingly critical, there's no end to the scope and significance of your work - and to where it can take you at Stantec. Every day, we're problem-solving and collaborating on projects that are as challenging as they are impactful. Whether designing a transformational cross-country pipeline, optimizing facilities, verifying the safety and reliability of an asset, or in the field overseeing construction projects, you'll be joining a team of recognized industry experts on work that's critical to our clients and our communities. The Oil & Gas industry is changing - and we're helping clients stay ahead of the change. Join a team that's working together with industry to deliver innovation for the long term on some of the most important and interesting projects around the world.Your Opportunity
We are currently seeking a Buyer/Expeditor to join our Procurement team in either our Bakersfield, CA or Houston, TX office. This will be a diversified procurement position within Stantec that requires day to day interaction with internal and external clients. The position will provide support at the client site as well as in the office.Your Key Responsibilities
QualificationsYour Capabilities and Credentials
- Internal and External Client communication.
- Adhere to client and Stantec procurement procedures and standards.
- Day to day Procurement activities.
- Assist with weekly reporting.
- Create and maintain material management and tracking.
- Maintaining schedule and milestones for procurement deliverables and update the Material Tracking report for client.
- Execute Procurement Cycle: vendor selection, prepare and issue request for quotations, vendor bid evaluations and selection, purchase orders, expediting, logistics.
- Creating various procurement documents
- Expediting suppliers / contractors for materials and technical documentation.
- Run various expediting reports and analyze data with strong attention to details.
- Coordinate site inspections as required.
- Orchestrate all transportation and logistics.
- Receiving or obtaining receiving reports from site.
- Invoice management and attestation.
- Historical tracking and archiving of Labor/Equipment/Materials purchases for internal future project reference.
- Other general project support tasks to complete work, including customer specific requirements.
- Ensure codes and standards (both legislated and customer-specific) are being met.
- Maintain data within COMS3 database.
Education and Experience
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and effectively, written, spoken and interpersonal.
- Strong ability to organize and plan: computer literacy, time management, project planning and project deliverables.
- Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Strong Skills in Procurement fundamentals: buying, contracts, expediting, negotiating and problem solving.
- Sound understanding of procurement practices and policies.
- Ability to multitask, in both capacities of handling multiple clients/jobs/projects, and be able to carry out multiple tasks and scalability within each project.
- Must be a self starter and motivated working under minimal supervision.
- Must be growth orientated (both personal, and company growth focused).
- Should be willing to receive direction.
- Should approach things in a positive manner and be a team player.
- 6 years of experience in Procurement, preferably in the EPC/EPCM environment. CSCP Certification, Expediting Management Association Basic & Advanced Training Certification or in pursuit of certification.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or equivalent experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.Primary Location
: United States-California-BakersfieldOther Locations
: United States-Florida-Jacksonville, United States-Florida-Fort Myers, United States-Florida-Lake Mary, United States-Florida-Panama City, United States-Texas-Houston, United States-Florida-Tallahassee, United States-Florida-Sarasota, United States-Florida-Deerfield Beach, United States-Florida-Tampa, United States-Florida-Miami, United States-Florida-Orlando, United States-Florida-Sunrise, United States-Florida, United States-Florida-Naples, United States-Florida-Coral Gables, United States-Florida-West Palm BeachJob
: Purchasing GeneralistOrganization
: BC-2067 Oil & Gas-US PacificEmployee Status
: RegularJob Level
: Individual ContributorTravel
: Full-timeJob Posting
: Oct 20, 2021, 11:34:55 AMReq ID:
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans