Position Description: Business Development Engineer will assist the sales team in creating proposals, developing new leads and connecting with clients.
Reports To: General Manager, Regional Sales Manager, or Business Development Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
- Responsible for proposal writing, marketing presentations, strategy, and organization of internal resources for assigned prospects.
- Research and determine qualified target areas, projects, and clients.
- Develops new sales leads through cold calling, market research, and participation in industry events.
- Develop/track/maintain lists of opportunities in local region.
- Support operational sales organization (Account Executives, Market Directors, etc.)
- Perform preliminary review of Owner contracts and maintain responsibility for administration of CRM (Client Relationship Management), including Proposal Authorizations (PA) and Contract Authorizations (CA), Sales IOR (Indicated Outcome Report), and Sales Scorecard.
- Conducts client maintenance, follow through on leads.
- Participate in contract review.
- Coordinate with Marketing group on proposals and presentations.
- Ensure strict adherence to ethics and compliance requirements at all times.
- May supervise other Business Development Engineers.
Qualifications: Bachelors degree with a minimum of three years of construction industry experience. Should have a good understanding of commercial construction, including a field perspective and/or work in a preconstruction capacity. Must display initiative, leadership, and independent thinking in a team environment; strong ability to solve problems. Proven interpersonal, verbal and written skills. Must have advanced presentation/sales skills. Will be required to attend and/or participate in early morning and/or late evening meetings/networking events.