The BU (Business Unit) Quality Manager is responsible for assuring that facilities in the business unit comply with the applicable regulations and customer specifications while contunally improving the quality of products. The position requires interaction with customers, suppliers, purchasing, sales, operations directors, General Managers and auditors to drive continual improvement throughout the BU while at the same time reducing overall PPM (Parts Per Million defects) and COQ (Cost of Quality). The BU Quality Manager is a member of the BU staff that develops straegy and demonstrates leadership with regards to all quality and non-quality related tasks. Mentoring, coaching and driving Worthington Philosophy throughout all levels of the BU is imperative.
- Ensures BU facilities are compliant to all Standards and Cutomer Specifications. Leads efforts along with Divisional staff to implement standardized processes.
- Management of Quality Leaders - Responsible for hiring, training, developing, mentoring and managing the facility quality staff. Responsible to ensure that facility quality department is adequately staffed in order to drive continual improvement and maintain compliance.
- Responsible for mentoring the facility Quality Leaders in reducing supplier, internal (scap/rework) and customer PPM and COQ
- Responsbile for implementing, developing, auditing, maintaining and improving the Quality System (IATF, ISO, etc.)
- Participate with the Director of Quality and other Leaders to continually refine the Quality strategy. Participate and represent Quality in developing the BU strategy with the GM's staff
- Provide leadership and guideance to facility Quality and operations in addressing customer, supplier and internal corrective actions in a timely manner to prevent recurrence.
- Work with Quality and BU Leaders to assure successful launch of new products, utilizing various APQP tools and processes for new products and engineering changes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong Communication (verbal and written), organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with interacting with suppliers, customers and operations
- Strong Leadership and Management capabilities
- Strong Quality System experience: IATF 16949, ISO 9000
- Knowledge of Process Improvement Methodology (Lean, Six Sigma, etc)
- Strong Problem Solving Skills
- Miminum 15 years experience in manufacturing and quality environments
- CQM/OE(Certfified Quality Manager / Organizational Excellence) through ASQ
- CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) certification through ASQ
Bachelors or equivalent in Engineering General or Business