General Summary: The Program Manager is the leader of the overall projects being managed within their responsible business unit. This position is responsible for multiple project teams and their successful execution towards meeting requirements and deadlines while ensuring goals and objectives for each project are executed effectively. The Program Manager will be responsible for overseeing and recognizing dependencies between projects and engaging action for successful execution.
The Program Manager will be responsible for developing project schedules with the team. In addition, liaising cross-departmentally to ensure all tasks/requirements are completed timely, while supporting his/her Project Managers to mitigate challenges.
Working closely with their team, the Program Manager will be responsible for ensuring successful cadence and execution of businesses practices by utilizing the NSC Product Development Process. The Program Manager’s focus shall be strategy and implementation while utilizing the best practices for mitigating obstacles and managing [both] hands-on and delegating effectively.
- Responsible for leading a team of Project Managers assigned to the business unit
- Accountable for project deadline across multiple projects within the business unit
- Ability to drive the business strategy successfully through NSC Product Development Process
- Adept in managing conflict, mitigating and addressing challenges, driving progress, and maintaining a keen sense of accountability.
- This role requires the candidate to have a strong comfort-level communicating throughout all levels of the organization.
- Responsible for team’s management of project budgets
- Influence change management to evolve NSC’s efficiencies and effectiveness
- Per the NSC Product Development process, influence roles-and-responsibilities while maintaining team’s accountability.
- Strong focus of keeping communication clear across all stakeholders of the projects
Supervisory Responsibilities: Direct supervisory responsibility for assigned Project Managers.
- Assigns, directs and monitors daily work progress.
- Establishes and maintains employee goals consistent with overall business objectives and conducts employee performance reviews per company policy.
- Provides coaching, mentoring and employee career development.
- Evaluates organizational effectiveness and implements improvements as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Qualifications:
- Shows a proven track record of exceptional organizational and project leadership
- Able to work within and manage multidisciplinary teams with a track record of on-time and on-scope delivery.
- Able to multi-task, set project priorities, establish task focused goals and objectives for self and staff.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a technical field, Master’s degreepreferred.
- 3+ years of leading a team of project managers (to include direct reports) across a multi-disciplined organization.
- PMP Certification preferred.
- Prior experience using a Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tool a plus.
- Ability to apply sound judgement.
Physical Requirements: Essential functions of this job require the following minimal physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is typically performed within a general office environment, with adequate lighting and temperature control
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Computers and typical office equipment are provided.
- There may be occasional business travel to other corporate facilities, technology partners and customer sites.
Disclaimer: The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to decide the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Job incumbents are expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the position, department, or the business.