Business Unit Manager - Process Equipment OEM
Seeking a BUM for Easton,PA who has experience in:Pressure Vessels,Piping,Tanks,Control Systems used in Pharmaceutical,Biotech.Chemical,or Food industry but from the Manufacturing Side of these Capital Goods.Why is This a Great Opportunity?
Dynamic global capital equipment manufacturer has tripled in size - creating new role for Business Unit Manager to oversee custom process equipment design and assembly. Responsible for the P&L, sales, marketing, and engineering within the Business Unit
Strategic role but still requires someone who loves being out on the plant floor – not an ivory tower type.
- Direct and participate in the business planning process for future development and growth of the business.
- Develop and implement strategic and business plans.
- Present business plans orally and in writing for general review and approval.
- Plan activities to ensure adherence to budget and operational objectives.
- Lead Marketing team to ensure active customer engagement that drives top line sales.
- Ensure service levels are maintained within established goals.
- Continually seek improved methods with the goal of reducing costs, improving service level, and reducing risk.
- Lead Design Engineering team to develop new products, improve quality, and remove cost.
- Ensure productivity and cost savings are obtained per established goals.
- Prepare and present capital expenditure budgets for approval.
- Maintain positive and effective employee relations.
- Represent the Company as appropriate in its relationships with major customers, suppliers, competitors, governmental agencies, etc.
- BS degree in Engineering or Business required (MBA preferred)
- 6-8years Engineering, Marketing, New Product Development experience
- 2-3years supervisory/management experience
- Experience in managing design and build of process equipment – tanks, pressure vessels, piping, control systems – used in chemical, food, pharmaceutical type plants.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to travel globally