Illinois Tool Works (ITW) is a Fortune 200 diversified manufacturing company with seven decentralized business segments, which includes the Food Equipment Group. The Weigh Wrap Division, one of the businesses within the Food Equipment Group, is seeking a Business Unit Manager for its Troy, Ohio facility. The selected candidate will report to the Group President, Global Retail Platform.
The role will be responsible for all aspects of the Weigh/Wrap business. This position will require a high-energy, results driven individual that is equipped to take on full P&L responsibility for the division, develop strategic business plans, and oversee performance and productivity of functional personnel to achieve results. Applicants must have the proven ability to create and sustain an environment that supportsshared risk-taking, along with the ability to discern when a deep dive into the business is necessary.
The selected individual will also be responsible for directing and managing all business resources to successfully deliver results in areas of safety, new product development, quality, cost, customer service, talent management, and employee morale.
Essential Job Functions:
- This business is positioned for Strong market growth. The Business Unit Manager (BUM) will be responsible for developing and executing a growth plan to significantly increase the product’s market penetration.
- Responsible for the overall profitability of the entire business unit. (Comprehensive P&L accountability)
- Drives operational excellence and continuous improvement.
- Assists with the creation of the sales, marketing and product development strategy for the business translating the Strategy into market share gains and profitable revenue growth.
- Product development and marketing – Leads the identification of market trends and opportunities, and tailors product development and product enhancement activities to satisfy the market and capitalize on existing opportunities.
- Drives high level marketing initiatives and product launches.
- Partners with Sales Management to develop relevant, timely and successful sales plans, campaigns, programs and special promotions.
- Responsible for ensuring seamless product launches and the ensuing life cycle.
- Drive for Results: Delivers near term business improvement (organic growth and margins) while simultaneously investing in sustaining the core competitive advantages of the business and maximizing its long term profitable growth potential. Delivers on Annual and Long-Range Plan commitments consistently. Creates and communicates vision within the WeighWrap organization that aligns with the overall company direction.
- Strong People Leadership: Articulates a compelling vision of the future. Identifies and develops great future ITW leaders. Acts as a coach and mentor on business and organizational issues. Develops employees into ITW Business Model experts. Creates an environment that values diverse backgrounds, culture and perspectives.
- Valuing and Leveraging Diversity: Values diversity as exhibited in hiring choices, assignments made, teams formed, and interaction with others. Shows respect for people regardless of race, gender, disability, lifestyle or viewpoint. Actively seeks out different viewpoints and leverages the benefits of different perspectives.
- 80/20 Proficiency: Has a strong ability to work through others, assess and drives organizational focus on the “80" issues and opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate/business related function (e.g., Finance, Marketing, Engineering, and/or Computer Sciences/Information Technology)
- 5-7years of well-rounded general management experience
- Ability to effectively present information
- Effective Team builder
- Entrepreneurial thinking
- Strong analytic and risk assessment ability
- Continuous Improvement mentality
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to understand and communicate technical information about products
- Complete responsibility for Profit & Loss to ensure financial goals are met
- Ability to travel as required
- A proven track record of implementing transformational change in a company through strategic leadership and collaborative team building
- Critical thinker, adaptable, and flexible. Analytical and problem solving skills are a must.
- Excellent listener and communicator both verbal and written.
Pre-employment screenings performed (which includes background checks and drug screening)
ITWFEG is committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all employees. To demonstrate this commitment, ITWFEG is tobacco-free (including e-cigarettes) on campuses and within company vehicles and maintains a drug-free workplace. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, and life insurance, short and long-term disability benefits, holiday and vacation pay, 401(k) with liberal matching funds, and educational reimbursement.