To manage the Business Unit in order to meet and exceed the goals in the operating plan and the Balanced Scorecard targets set by management and to meet and exceed the requirements agreed upon with its clients and maintain a competitive and leading position regarding its technology.
The Business Unit Manager shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for profit and loss of business unit and controlling of expenses in accordance with approved budget.
- Responsible for continuous product development and product cost reduction according to market and customer needs, while meeting the company’s quality and safety standards.
- Responsible for directing the marketing and sales effort and defining the related strategy.
- Responsible for all aspects of market analysis, including customer, product, competitor, product price and market volume analysis.
- Responsible for cost estimate, risk analysis, resource allocation, schedule and costs for proposal efforts.
- Responsible that projects are executed according to contract requirements within budget and schedule.
- Responsible for resource allocation for contract execution while utilizing the LENA shared resources and Linde’s global resources to achieve the best financial and quality solution for the client and LPP.
- Responsible for annual operational plan and monthly reporting relative to the target achievement and forecasts.
- Assist in the management/planning of detailed long and short term business development plans.
- Establish and maintain relationships with customers to help facilitate continued sales opportunities and identify project performance issues.
- Provide feedback regarding employee performance on a project team to the functional manager for documentation.
- Hire, train, develop, and appraise staff effectively. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Consults with Human Resources as appropriate.
- Establish regular meetings as needed to provide information not related to projects.
- Learn and abide by the Linde Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct. Demonstrate honesty, integrity, and professionalism in all communications, actions and decisions.
- BS/BA, Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10 or more years experience managing an engineering function in a medium or large size company.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Effective computer skills; Microsoft Office Software, Lotus Notes, and other Company and discipline specific software applications.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective organization skills including the ability to prioritize and plan work.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.