Business Unit Manager - Cannabis
At Eurofins California Analytics, our goal is to make sure your individual testing requirements meets both regulatory compliance and your overall program objectives in the most accurate and timely manner possible. Eurofins is searching for a Business Unit Manager in Fresno, CA for its Cannabis testing laboratory section.
Business Unit Manager responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
·Lead team, schedule, and train employees
·Ensure adherence to highest quality and efficiency standards in laboratory operations
·Ensure coverage and performance
·Foster morale and teamwork
·Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
·Regular attendance and punctuality
·Manage the technical conduct, quality control, and related record keeping of all analytical evaluations performed
·Responsible for the supervision, organization, and coordination of all technical activities of personnel within the principles of sound scientific endeavors, business economy, and the professional development of subordinate employees.
·Provide the necessary planning, organization, direction, and control to meet the goals of the company.
·Ensure that all pertinent company health, safety, and environmental programs are adhered to and documentation is maintained.
·Establish and maintain professional business relationships with clients, industry officials, and peers.
·Assist in the generation of marketing strategies, prepare comprehensive technical work proposals, and maintain an influential position in establishing business expansion plans.
·Serve as a member of the Corporate Management team and provide input toward the financial growth and development of the company.
·Coordinate business activities with the Business Unit Managers from the otherlocations to ensure customer expectations are met without duplication of testing activities.
· Responsible for the overall operational success of the laboratory, which includes, but is not limited to: budgeting, making decisions on capital expenses, managing senior staff, attending to major client needs, revenue & profit growth, and cost control.
·Oversee daily operations including: laboratory, quality, logistic, and managerial duties.
· Represent the laboratory in technical meetings.
· Participate with the Sales/Marketing team in the preparation and quotation of major technical studies.
· Implement the decisions of the executive committee.
· Propose major investments to company executives.
· Ensure that the laboratory expenses are on track with the annual budget.
· Approve major expenses and control the costs of the laboratory within established company guidelines.
·Analyze monthly laboratory indicators (operating and labor costs, turnaround time, productivity, etc.).
·Verify that company employment policies and procedures are followed correctly.
·Perform annual performance reviews for direct reporting personnel. Coordinate and review annual reviews of other lab personnel.
·Handle employee relation issues as per company guidelines and with the support of Human Resources.
·Coordinate the interaction between the different laboratory departments.
·Understand and follow each Quality System document relevant to employment responsibilities, e.g., methods, SOPs, etc. Propose changes to documents and approve documents when required
·Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
·Performs other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate would possess:
- 5 – 7 years of applicable and progressively expanded laboratory experience
- Must be able to work with people, negotiate, analyze problems, and translate company goals into actions necessary to achieve those goals.
- Strong financial management skills (P&L management & financial analysis)
- Strong leadership, initiative, and teambuilding skills
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, or other related degree concentration, or equivalent directly-related experience (two years of directly related industry experience is equivalent to one full-time year of college in related major)
- MS or PhD preferred
- At least 5 years of supervisory experience
- Ability to understand and analyze financial statements
- Ability to lead lab through continuous improvement initiatives
- Experience in laboratory procedures, data analysis, and computer operations
- Experience in technical/business writing, and giving oral presentations
- Strong technical and management background required
- Must be able to organize and lead laboratory personnel in a manner that reflects corporate goals and objectives and schedule workflow so as to optimize laboratory productivity and client satisfaction in a cost effective manner
· United States Citizen