We are seeking a Business Unit Chief Financial Officer (CFO) for a division of a Fortune 500 company.
This role is the Finance Business Partner to the VP and GM of a $500M+ project based business. This role is part of the Global leadership team and will be focused on driving profitable growth and strong return on investment (ROI), competitively acquainting new customers, while ensuring an environment of strong controllership and compliance for the global P&L's.
This role is based in Atlanta, GA. Relocation assistance is available.
- Strategically partner with the VP/GM and leadership team to drive profitable growth through analysis, influencing and action on risk assessment, contracting excellence, pricing, business ventures, customer profitability and cost control.
- Partner with controllers to ensure the accuracy of all finance statements and strong project controls.
- Provide leadership to expand ROI through efficient deployment of capital investments, working capital and resources.
- Provide thought leadership in effective risk mitigation processes, estimating and contracting excellence, project accountability to budgets, driving cost to serve and productivity initiatives thru labor SIOP while managing a global engineering and estimation team. Demonstrate conviction in setting the tone in driving accountability over project lifecycle on claim management and project budgets.
- Lead reporting, forecasting and planning process, including distribution of appropriate financial targets for profitable growth of the various business segments and proactive analysis of the financial statements for opportunities to increase income.
- Perform market, customer and Project analysis to proactively identify both new opportunities and potential risks to future business performance.
- Ensure approval decisions of new project proposals and other financial decisions and commitments as outlined in company policies.
- Coordinate with Corporate Center of Technical Accounting and other shared service organizations to ensure timely and accurate transaction processing.
- Manage a team of finance professionals located across the globe.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance / Economics / International trade.
- 10-12+ years of experience in a senior accounting/finance position.
- 10+ years of experience managing others, including demonstrated success in effectively leading and developing a team.
- Experience as a finance leader within a projects based business
- 5+ years of P&L responsibility and work experience.
- Experience with Project Accounting – Percentage of Completion (POC)