This role is embedded within our Business Insights business unit and is on a team comprised of full stack developers (SQL, C#, AngularJS). The Developer is completely self-sufficient with only management check-ins for status updates and can remove barriers on their own. They are familiar with Scrum and leverage an Agile mindset to deliver on Business Technology needs.
- Design and develop complex application systems using advanced technology platforms
- Participate and assist in application architecture functions
- Designs and manages the BI tools and applications
- Manages end-user training and documentation and provides support to the internal decision support community
- Works with the internal decision support community to select appropriate BI solutions
- Performs Peer Code Reviews and coordinates User Acceptance Testing
- Advanced knowledge in writing SQL queries
- Design, create and manage database tables
- Develop and test ETL processes.
- Develops logical and physical data models for extraction, transformation, and load (ETL).
- Batch Automation analysis / job optimization
- Uses internal knowledge to coordinate various solutions/improvements to enhance operational scalability.
- Consistently communicates technical aspects of business processes.
- Provides context for architecturedesign.
- Relates experience to make hardware decisions.
- Continues to communicate with the business to deepen knowledge of the internal operations of the firm.
- Manages multiple resources across several projects. Provides insights on future sprint content and scoping of large project efforts
- Prioritizes projects and holds stakeholders accountable for execution
- Communicates progress of projects
- Measures the ROI of projects deliverables and provides sequencing of future deliverables and dependencies
- 2 Year College Degreerequired / 4 Year College Degreepreferred
- 2 or more years of related experience / 4 or more years of total experiencerequired
- Demonstrated experience with business analysis, financial planning & analysis, or management reporting
- Strong knowledge of dynamic website design and comfort with various technologies including (SOAP Web Services, Ajax, Silverlight, Adobe Flex, ASP/ASP.NET, CGI, XML)
- Strong knowledge of the financialdatabases and business intelligence systems
- Strong knowledge of SQL with comfort in the following RDBMS
- systems (Oracle, SQL Server, Postrgres, Netezza, Cache)
- In depth experience with software development methodologies, software development and QA standards including (SOA,BPM,ERP,BPR,EAI)
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to see the big picture and a desire to learn
- Attention to and appreciation for detail with proven ability to manage multiple tasks and deliver quality outcomes within short timeframes
- Ability to exercise good judgment with a high standard of integrity
- Strong leadership skills with ability to achieve results by working through others
- Proven creativity and resourcefulness in uncovering sources of information
- Ability to train and develop less experienced senior analysts
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed.