We are seeking a motivated individual to join our Information Technology team as a full-time Business Technology Network Engineer III. This role is responsible for the operations of secure and highly available computing platforms, servers, and networks; they install, maintain, upgrade and continuously improve the operating or application environment. They also maintain the ongoing reliability, performance and support of the infrastructure and systems. This includes monitoring, responding to incidents, problems, and planning for growth. This role deploys new technologies as well as designs, installs, configures, maintains and tests the networks and related utilities and hardware. This role must have customer service and vendor relationship skills. Attention to detail and strong communication and collaboration skills are critical to the success of this role.
We are looking for an individual who possess an Associate’s degree in Information Technology or Business, or equivalent professional experience and relevant training and has 8 years or more experience with network administration and security and systems such as; Cisco, Palo Alto, Citrix. The ideal candidate would have the ability to plan, prioritize, and organize effectively, strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to balance multiple demands and projects simultaneously.
Faith Technologies is a “Merit to the Core” organization and we pride ourselves on our ability to reward and recognize our top performers. Faith Technologies leaders and professionals thrive under team-work and collaboration environments to complete projects accurately and on time. Other areas of qualification are included here; visit our careers page for additional detail.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES RANGE:
- Work Complexity:
- Maintains, monitors and supports network security, VPN, wireless, load balancing, routing and switching infrastructure.
- Follows defined procedures to monitor systems and resolve problems
- May support one or more infrastructure platforms of medium to high complexity with multiple concurrent users ensuring control, integrity, accessibility and performance.
- Project Planning:
- Participates and may take lead in short-term planning efforts with stakeholders and Business Technology Leaders.
- Works with project teams to understand business needs, makes recommendations for solutions and ensures business needs are met
- Works with other engineers to understand technical requirements
- Participates in vendor meetings to determine appropriate solution, implementation plans and/or support planning
- Operational Support
- Monitors alerts and takes appropriate actions; performs routine maintenance tasks for assigned systems such as backups and patch management; performs health checks based on check lists, makes recommendations for remediation or additional checks to perform.
- Monitors network operating capacity in terms of response time, availability and security, monitors hardware/software activates and resource utilization for capacity planning, makes recommendations for network upgrades as needed
- Identifies problems and optimizes performance as needed; escalates as appropriate; follows change management process and procedures
- Analyzes and reports on operational metrics to ensure success in process improvements and capacity planning; provides recommendations for improvements needed
- Provides production support for escalated items, troubleshoots problems, notifies appropriate resources in the event of failure and works with resources to resolve issues; complies with service level agreements
- Adheres to security requirements and procedures, reports issues as appropriate, makes recommendations for any necessary improvements
- Documents new or modified functions, modules, network or systems