JDA is seeking a Business Technology Director. This person works with the various functional domain executive leaders to develop and refine the technology strategy and capabilities roadmap; identifies and prioritizes computer related investments and delivers them in the most efficient manner; drives the technology transformation from a monolithic structure to a flexible architecture that leverages best of breed solutions that are intelligently integrated to support enterprise data and analytical capabilities which enable transparency and the business decision making processes.
The team reporting to this position designs and implements solutions to meet the business needs. Drives technology strategy for the corporate functions, transitioning from a point solution, and project based approach to strategic investments that drive business outcomes. Defines a customer centric product line that aligns to deploying reusable business services and modular design. In partnership with the domain functional leadership, and internal IT support leadership for the existing and new portfolio of systems and projects. Delivers technology solutions, meeting commitments with speed and quality in predominantly Lead-to-Cash business domain.
A “working IT director” who gets into the details and is experienced in managing multiple medium to large scale initiatives and cross functional teams. Equally comfortable with executives, manager-level stakeholders and developers--this is a hands-on position with regards to people, process and technology. Ability to identify and marshal resources (people, funding, and support) to get projects initiated and completed. Ability to lead a significant transformation in the business technology platforms and technical talent.
- Drive automation and self-service capabilities to enable business and technical productivity and speed.
- Anticipate and manage the risks associate with day-to-day technology operations.
- Ensure ongoing operational stability of the current applications and systems.
- Actively work to build and mentor a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and skilled team; communicating career paths, training and development.
- ‘Connect the dots’ between and keeping pace with technology developments, business/financial forecasts, competitive landscape, evolving customer needs, and initiative goals/deadlines.
- Establish executive level relationships across the various business and technology executives within JDA.
- Establish and manage effective working relationships in a matrix environment with other departments, groups and staff with whom work must be coordinated or interfaced.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- A minimum of fifteen years of IT experience, including significant leadership responsibilities for global corporate functions.
- Previous experience in managing both direct and indirect teams.
- Recent experience with enterprise wide SaaS transformation is highly preferable.
- Proven ability to build and motivate a high performing team to achieve well-communicated expectations.
- Execution Skills: A proven track record of execution, the candidate must be able to deliver the corporate functions technical roadmap(s) by defining a clear vision of desired outcomes tied to business needs.
- Leadership Skills: A self-starter, who can effectively navigate a complex organizational structure, leading teams through influence and direct line management.
- Proven ability to complete projects and achieve results in an ambiguous work environment.
- Demonstrated track record of creating a vision, gaining buy-in to the vision, and effectively implementing systems. A strong business orientation combined with strong IT technical skill.