The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for business process improvement activities for the financial and reporting systems utilized by the Corporate Controllership Organization, which includes the following functions, Accounting, SEC Reporting, Accounts Receivable, and Payroll. This individual will use of formal methodologies during requirements gathering, design, build/test and deployment phases of projects to determine opportunities for improving business processes.
This individual will work closely with business stakeholders on the teams within Accounting in all geographies to understand the business challenges, and document the business processes and requirements to solve those challenges. This individual will also partner across the organization to drive the process changes and system enhancements for the department.
This individual is responsible for scoping, coordinating, and executing testing, planning and executing launch activities, and providing ongoing support. This individual is also responsible for triage and analysis of Corporate Controllership production related issues.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
- Architect streamlined and scalable business and financialreporting processes within global accounting organization
- Design processes within the transactional, planning and consolidation and reporting systems; SAP ECC FICO, SAP Business, Planning and Consolidations (BPC) and BW
- Document standard operating procedures on month end, quarter end and year end report requirements, business processes and system processes
- Provide ad-hoc support as required including for month-end and quarter end close process
- Provide end-user support and training on system and reporting enhancements
- Prepare adhoc reports and analysis to support the Controllership organization
- Communicate and translate requirements effectively between functional areas and supporting departments.
- Write clear, complete business requirements documentation, including support for related developments. Effectively translate business requirements into high-level design documentation with supervision.
- Partner with teams across the organization to initiate, prioritize and drive the solutions that fulfill business needs
- Utilize past experience and knowledge of sales, service, distribution, and accounting to recommend appropriate business process solutions to new business requirements.
- Manage own time and deadlines appropriately and accurately determine task duration and dependencies for own assignments. Communicate status updates to manager and internal customers on a regular basis.
- Acts as subject matter expert in cross-department projects as representative of the capabilities and needs of the Finance, Accounting, Tax and Shared Services teams.
- Lead coverage, execution, and remediation for testing activities during the implementation lifecycle, including UAT scoping, scenario definition, data validation, and execution of testing.
- Prioritize assigned accounting system or process issues based on business impact. Troubleshoot and identify root cause of production support issues within established SLA parameter. Determine potential impact to processes, data, and systems resulting from initiatives, projects, enhancements, and production support. Analyze change requests and determine appropriate solutions. Support the deployment of production systems and provide post-production support.
- Apply project life cycle methodology across assigned processes and systems.
- Independently complete project documentation and work with business to gain approval. Participate in the project planning process.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Experience with EPM/BPC project / implementation experience
- Working knowledge and experience with BPC Standard, Embedded, and Optimized a plus
- Experience with data modeling
- Experience with BPC System Administration
- Demonstrated scoping, design and solution implementation experience
- Strong understanding of process improvement methodologies
- Product issue troubleshooting and Root Cause Analysis
- Experience working with SAP BW Excel Analysis
- Experience and working knowledge of SAP ECC FICO
- Superior written and verbal skills
- Working knowledge of relational database, logical and physical modeling, integration concepts and methods, ERP systems, business intelligence, and web technologies, or the desire to learn
- Analytical troubleshooting of processes and system issues
- Experience working directly with functional and technical resources
- Systems implementation skills: requirements/process analysis, conceptual and detailed design, configuration, testing, training, change management, and support
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives in parallel
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Must be a good team player and good motivator
- Ability to communicate effectively and present a professional image
- Advanced analytical and problem definition and solving abilities
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop user acceptance test data, scripts, and plans
- Ability to develop system test data, scripts, and plans
- Ability to create process flow diagrams
Requirements (Education, Certification, Training, and Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in Accounting, IT, Business Administration, or a related field
- Combination of business and technical education is preferred.
- CPA is a plus
- 5+years of experience as Business Analyst / Project Lead managing delivery of information technology and process improvement solutions
- Able to support extended hours of operation (long hours, weekends and holidays) during month-end and quarter-end
Business Systems Analyst