Freberg Environmental Insurance (FEI) specializes in developing, marketing and underwriting insurance programs. We are looking for an experienced Business Systems Manager to insure that our team has the right tools and systems in place to support FEI’s processes and workflows.
In this role, you will serve as a business product owner for FEI’s underwriting platform and partner with the business to accurately capture and document business requirements and translate these for IT development in order to insure the end products solve business challenges.
- Improve systems by studying current practices and designing modifications with end user input.
- Execute solutions by collaborating on planning, delivery, solution definition, roadmap functional requirements and solution deployment oversight
- Bridge the gap between business functions and technology experts to ensure solutions deliver expected capabilities, adhere to established standards for design and performance, align with risk, compliance & controls and deliver operational efficiencies.
- Provide references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation; providing support to and training users.
- Facilitate & guide interactions between the business and technology partners.
- Create design concepts and deployment approaches with consideration for strategic roadmaps, business operational strategies, key market drivers and competitive benchmarks.
- Take part in root cause analysis and leverage test environments to recreate/investigate issues.
- Identify system gaps and opportunities to improve processes in partnership with business team.
- Understanding the broad set of business & technology acumen, operational strategies and technical disciplines: design, testing, integration and delivery.
- Process/project workflow content creation and documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree and proven experience as direct manager of business systems for 7 years or more.
- Impressive time management skills, the ability to juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines on time sensitive projects.
- Ability to work independently and multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Capacity to develop strong partnerships, credibility and trust with business and technology teams.
- Sharp attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Ability to manage critical path, issues, risks and dependencies.
- Strong problem-solving and issue resolution skills, including the ability to create solutions to address business issues.
- Experience in working multiple applications simultaneously, preferably in an insurance underwriting services organization.
- Insurance industry knowledge including knowledge of the Underwriting, content management, billing processes , reporting and data analytics.