Provide strategic leadership for activities associated with managing the Manufacturing Business Systems. Ensure that system functionality and service levels are appropriate, and that senior management is provided information regarding system investment decisions and system requirements. Provide high level project management and prioritization for all Manufacturing Business Systems activities. Supervise and provide work direction to all members of the Business Systems team. Responsible for significant achievement of operational goals by ensuring that any new software integration meets functional requirements, system compliance and interface specifications. In addition, this role also performs many of the activities included in the Senior Business Systems Analyst role including working with stakeholders to interpret business needs and issues and effectively translating them into actionable requirements and applying business process knowledge with proven analytical and problem-solving skills to maximize the benefit of business systems.
- Reviews and analyzes the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems/technologies and develops strategies for improving and leverage these systems.
- Reviews requests for business systems changes and works with management to clarify objectives and determines the feasibility of the requested services.
- Acts as a Project Manager for specific Scottsville Manufacturing related software changes.
- Reviews and approves all projects completed by the Business Systems team.
- Acts as liaison between IT, vendors and users to ensure new system requirements are built as required and that business needs are met.
- Responsible for documenting and/or reviewing detailed Functional Specifications and Test Plans for system changes with considerations to cross functional and process stream impact.
- Analyzes formal test results in order to discover and resolve defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues and interoperability flaws.
- Recommend business process and business systems improvements and alternatives.
- Responsible for developing procedures to ensure that all business systems products and services meet quality, organization standards and end user requirements.
- Assigns and monitors tasks within the Business Systems Department.
- Evaluates progress and results regarding department activities and goal attainment.
- Ensures that staff is adequately trained and responsive to end user needs.
- Manages personnel activities of all Business Systems team members. As required hires, coaches, develops, trains, reviews, evaluates, counsel, disciplines and discharges staff in accordance with CooperVision policies and procedures as necessary to ensure department meets daily requirements.
- Other duties may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Is highly proficient in the manufacturing functional processes (Plan-to-Build, Work order management, Made-to-Order, etc.) within the supported ERP/applications/interfaces.
- Excellent knowledge of the business enterprise functions and processes.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively translate between functional and technical teams.
- Ability to follow procedures and produce/maintain supporting documentation.
- Resolves simple to complex systems problems in creative ways.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed and attentive to detail.
- Adapts readily to change in workload, staffing and scheduling.
- Strong decision making, communication, writing, and editing skills needed to transfer information to individuals involved in the development process.
- Strong team and project leadership skills.
- Ability to effectively utilize SQL server.
- Microsoft Office with a proficiency in Excel. ERP experience required. Baan a plus.
- Normal office environment. Light physical effort necessary to perform the job. There will be extended periods of sitting and using a computer. Travel may be requested.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business or Computer Science is preferred and/or a combination of education and experience resulting in a sound understanding of job responsibilities.
- 5-7 years business systems experience, with at least 2 years in a leadership role.