IDT is the leading manufacturer of custom oligonucleotides and proprietary technologies for genomics applications. Our work is complex and cutting-edge, and our team members are curious, creative thinkers who understand that good data drives smart decisions. At IDT, we realize that although science may be uniform, people are unique. We promote a culture where engaged people are motivated and have opportunities to achieve their full potential, as part of one global team.
IDT is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we're pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.Job Title
: Danaher Business System Leader (DBSL) - InnovationLocation:
Coralville, Iowa - Mobile (On-Site/Work from Home Hybrid)*
*Mobile associates must live in an area that does not exceed a 100-mile (150 km) radius of an IDT location. *May require on-site occasional presence for team meetings, etc.*Purpose statement:
The DBSL Innovation is responsible for enabling growth through the NPD growth equation, implementing and sustaining change through DBS processes and leading the organization in a key enabling role. The DBSL Innovation is also responsible for driving improvement and adoption of DBS Innovation tools. The DBSL will utilize PSP to identify gaps in process, talent, and environment and develop action plans to close the gaps and sustain on any countermeasures implements. Individuals rotate in/out of this role roughly every 18 months.Essential Functions:
- Works independently and requires minimal direct supervision.
- Partners with leadership to develop and sustain PPG. Contribute to PPG agenda then prepare and/or update templates, bowlers and presentations for the PPG meeting.
- Assist in achieving Policy Deployment and strategic new product goals.
- Leverages effective relationships to lead the organization in targeted, sustainable improvement to new product development processes (Ex: APD, VPM, VOC, and LEX).
- Benchmark other Danaher OpCos and incorporate DBS best practices into the organization.
- Embed with new product projects (Gemba) to identify and mitigate cross-project dependencies and provide coaching/mentoring to project managers.
- Manage, when needed/appropriate, very large and complex new product projects.
- Lead with a Kaizen way of thinking. Challenge the status quo and drive change in difficult situations.
- Utilize strong facilitation and influencing skills, coaching and mentoring to sustain Kaizen results. Directly provide formal and informal DSB training and coaching.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience, required.
Other Job Qualifications
- Minimum of five years' work experience, is required, with a high tech or biotech company, preferred.
- Minimum of five years' project management experience including at least three years managing new product projects, required. In addition, five years' experience with continuous improvement, preferred.
- Direct hands on experience with DBS Innovation tools (PPG, APD, LEX, etc.), preferred.
Travel Requirements (anything requiring overnight stay):
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with message appropriately tailored to audience. Capable of understanding and articulating complex scientific, interpersonal, regulatory and business issues.
- Results oriented - proven ability to deliver results.
- Understands the functions of product development and builds partnerships between functions and cultures to accomplish business goals.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Ability to accept responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
- Occasional = Up to 20% of time
- Exert up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently
What We Offer:
- Work requires close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to read pertinent printed material and distinguish colors.
- Ability to prepare and read written documentation; use of computer.
- Generous Paid Time Off Accruals
- 16 Hours PAID Volunteer Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Up to eight (8) weeks of 100% paid parental leave to eligible U.S. associates
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Options
Integrated DNA Technologies (IDT) conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
When you join us, you'll also be joining Danaher's global organization, where 68,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you'll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels they belong and all voices are heard. We believe in our associates and the unique perspectives they bring to every challenge, which is why we'll empower you to push the boundaries of what's possible.
If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's no better time to find out.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is the Law" poster is available here.