The Business Systems, ERP Analyst is tasked to work with the business on the use of our ERP System for serving our customers. This position will be part of the team working with business owners to formulate innovative business solutions in support of current and future business and Company objectives, along with providing day-to-day support. Due to the nature of Enterprise Resource Planning systems, this role will work with all functions of the organization but will focus on the Manufacturing and Distribution requirements of the organization.
- Primary responsibilities to include: working with the business to understand the needs and application of the ERP System to support their daily function.
- Performs system unit testing and assists in user system testing.
- Assist in day-to-day operational support of the system, including maintenance tasks and user support.
- Work collaboratively with the project team and end users to design, develop, test and implement solutions in support of the business.
- Create action plans for performance improvement and maximum transaction throughput. Utilize all resources available (recording applications, utilization of scheduler, distributed processing, etc.).
- Prepare and submit periodic written reports for projects in process and also provide status reports on issue(s) resolutions and root cause corrections.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance in the assessment of existing processes and their continuous improvement.
- Adhere to all Ply Gem standards of documentation and record keeping. Adhere to all standards of systems and applications coding as recommended by the vendor (example: Oracle’s standards for the ERP system)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business or related field of study highly desired.
- Functional ERP Experience
- Business Process and process reengineering experience.
- 5+ years of experience with Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, preferably 9.0 or later.
- Experienceworking with and/or providing support in an Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.0 or later environment.
- Strong analytical, project management and interpersonal/communication skills required.
- Demonstrated expertise in modeling and documenting business processes (ie. As-Is, To-Be).
- Understanding of the EnterpriseOne OMW toolset within the Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne ERP system.
- Ability to lead team discussions, solicit input and facilitate decisions in a professional manner.
- Great organization and time management skills with the desire to complete projects on time.
- Travel: Up to 25% Travel