Janus Henderson Global Investors is a leading independent global asset manager, dedicated to delivering the best outcomes for clients through a broad range of actively managed funds.
We provide our institutional, retail and high net-worth individuals with access to skilled investment professionals representing a broad range of asset classes including, equities, fixed income, multi asset and alternatives.
We are a team of independent thinkers who work tirelessly to help our clients achieve their goals – and we do it by fostering an energetic and collaborative culture that ensures our people love the place they work.
Headquartered in London, Janus Henderson is a truly global asset manager with a diverse geographic footprint, managing assets from 27 offices globally and employing more than 2,000 staff.
Overview of the Role
Responsible for the development and planning of business systems requirements for new systems, system changes or enhancements in coordination with business users, management, other IT resources and/or vendors. Works closely with business partners to identify and analyze practical solutions through existing or new business systems technology. Primarily works on larger inter-connected business processes, projects of large scope, and or extremely complex environments that usually involve multiple departments or have companywide impact. Offers senior level business analysis expertise to less experienced business analyst staff. Prepare and present analysis findings and recommendations to project teams, business departments and up-to and including executive management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Applies in-depth knowledge and proficiency of supported business areas and engages business partners in evaluating opportunities for process integration and refinement.
- Conducts research on best practices and industry/functional trends as required.
- Identifies specific business requirements as communicated by a sponsoring business area, including cross-referencing requirements articulated by multiple business areas.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with business contacts, IT departments, and vendors.
- Organizes and facilitates meetings/workshops where business requirements and application objectives are articulated, accurately captured and maintained/distributed appropriately.
- Assists business areas in developing ROI strategies of proposed solutions and interpreting cost/benefit analysis for presenting/ communicating back to Senior Management.
- Participates in project reviews with business sponsors at all phases of a project to ensure project is on-track and to aid in maintaining business support, involvement and acceptance.
- Prepares status reports and presentations for various types of audiences and levels of management as required.
- Assesses complete project work plan down to a detailed task level and execute assigned tasks/ deliverables according to defined timetable in a quality, detailed and timely fashion.
- Assists in the development of testing, training development/support, and launch plans asrequiredto aid in delivery of a quality product, designed for user acceptance and adoption.
Assumes additional duties as assigned
Offers senior level business analysis expertise to less experienced business analyst staff.
Technical Skills and Qualifications
- Expert knowledge in analysis of business process, workflow and modeling.
- Expert knowledge in analysis of computer applications that cross numerous operational and servicing disciplines.
- Expert knowledge and abilities in Business Requirements gathering and requirements validation.
- Demonstrated excellent abilities with Root Cause and Effect analysis.
- Demonstrated advance data workflow, processing and validation.
- Experience working with various types of service vendors in the Information Technology and Mutual Funds industries.
- Experience working in a matrix and/or outsourced environment.
- Experience working in a task-oriented environment by where project management practices and disciplines are the key method towards job execution.
- Knowledge of the Mutual Fund business and related computer applications and business procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to communicate information technology concepts to non-technology personnel.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with all levels of management, staff, outside vendors, contractors, and consultants.
- Working knowledge of prevalent PC operating systems, networks, tools.
- Ability to work at the highest technical level of most phases of systems analysis.
- Ability to train and guide the work of less experienced business analysts.
- Always exhibit the highest level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Eight years’ experience in business and systems analysis.
- Five years’ experience in workflow/process analysis.
- Four years’ experience managing complex application projects.
- Four years’ experience in the Mutual Fund industry preferred.
Ongoing competence in the role to be assessed by:
- Annual Performance Appraisal
- Completion of all assigned Compliance training
Working Environment/Physical Activities
- PC usage up to 100% of the time.
- Office equipment such as telephone, copier, and fax machines, etc.
- Cellular phone and/or digital pager may be required.
- Overtime and weekend hours may be required.
Requisition Id 15821