Job Title: Business Systems Applications Developer
Location: New York, NY
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Do you want more out of your career than sitting at a desk and programing all day? Are you professional, smart, analytical and charismatic? Do you enjoy SQL development and complex problem solving just as much as talking to people and building great relationships? Are you uniquely committed and driven to make a difference?
Our client (a leading, national CPA firm) is currently looking for a Business Systems Applications Developer. This position will work directly with the business operations teams to plan, design, develop, and implement various strategic business information applications and maintain/upgrade existing systems and applications. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have an outgoing personality, very strong interpersonal skills, and a positive attitude with a tenacious desire to learn. They should have 3-5years of experience developing and/or modifying applications in .NET/C# and querying data in SQL environments for use in real world business situations. They should also have a determined work ethic and be confident to tackle new challenges.
- Identify, develop and automate solutions for routine business processes
- Assist in enhancing the financialreporting and analysis process
- Troubleshoot existing applications and systems
- Implement systems directives as outlined by supervisor
- Support the otherinternal departments with ad-hoc systems related projects
- Effectively communicate with all levels of management
- Maintain current knowledge of emerging IT software architectures and technologies and apply those concepts to the development process as required
- Proactive self-starter with professional maturity and confidence
- Hungry for the next challenge and the next opportunity to learn
- Mental agility to fully understand both the complex business issues and how the solutions being developed will impact those issues
- A strong sense of ownership, accountability and follow-through
- Team player, adaptable, flexible, and able to handle multiple simultaneous projects
- Strong organizational, documentation and time management skills
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills required
- Four-year MIS, IT, or comparable degree strongly preferred
· .NET experiencerequired
· Strong understanding of Restful Web Services and MVC architectures
· Advanced MS Excel analytical skills required
· Hands-on relational databaseexperiencerequired (SQL, Oracle, etc.)
· Must be able to write complex queries, stored procedures, etc.
· Advanced understanding of object oriented programming required
· Development work related to business applications preferred
· Experience working in a corporate setting preferred
· Working knowledge of various reporting platforms/tools
· Experience with accounting or financial systems a plus
· Experience with Customer Relationship Management Systems is a plus
· Ability to perform technical research
For immediate consideration, qualified applicants should email their resume to Justin Boland at firstname.lastname@example.org.