World Wide Technology has an impactful opportunity for a Business Systems Analyst to join our Government Services Team on a multi-year, fully funded program supporting the Department of Homeland Security. Using Agile Methodologies, the mission of this program is to obtain greater integration, automation and efficiencies. In this role you will support, through innovation and transformative processes, the men and women charged with safeguarding the American people and enhancing the Nation's safety, security, and prosperity!
This is an incredible opportunity for an experienced Business/Systems Analyst who has worked in an Agile/Scrum environment, which developed custom software and database applications.
- Possess both an understanding of real-world mission/business objectives and a working grasp of software development practices and technologies.
- Serve as the focal point for the capture, analysis, and management of functional and non-functional systems requirements, and user stories.
- Show a demonstrated skill in effective decomposition of mission/business objectives into requirements contained within a product backlog which can then be implemented in a series of short and iterative development cycles.
- Meet regularly with stakeholders to identify business needs.
- Clearly communicate those business needs to a development team through user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Work closely with the ScrumMaster to establish Release/Sprint backlogs, resolve impediments, and provide direction on scope of work to be accomplished.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, as well as the product development team during the development cycle to ensure the customer needs are being met.
- Develop product roadmaps and participate in Integrated Release Planning
- Review and evaluate work done by development team to ensure proper scope has been met.
- Lead the demonstrations to stakeholder and report on the results of each software iteration.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to pass DHS background investigation, criteria include but are not limited to:
- 3 year check for felony convictions
- 1 year check for illegal drug use
- 1 year check for misconduct such as theft or fraud
- College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline, or equivalent professional experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum (5-7) years' experience as a business analyst on iterative software development projects.
- Translating business requirements into user stories, use cases and technical requirements.
- Experience with functional decomposition of large business needs into multiple layers of requirements/user stories.
- Experience conducting backlog refinement sessions with stakeholders to gather pertinent information.
- Experience analyzing data and data relationships across an organization's business areas.
- Working knowledge of all elements of the software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements management, CM, quality assurance, and release management.
- Developing business processes, capability needs, business requirements, and business information models.
- Strong skills with MS Office tools (Excel, Word, Project, Visio) and Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence).