Senior System Engineer is responsible for leading detailed system design and specification development for I-ETMS projects.
- Analyze customer and contract requirements and identify gaps vs product specifications
- Create concept of operations
- Create engineering plans such as System Engineering Management Plan, Test Plans, and configuration management plans
- Takes active role in developing segment-level documents such as requirement specifications, interface control documents and data dictionaries
- Takes active role in developing and presenting design reviews with customers and government agencies
- Takes active role in developing customer supporting documentatAnchorageion such as installation diagrams and technical manuals
- Leads developer and customer technical discussions to clarify and adjust system specification requirements; participates in conference calls and meetings to review development status and issues
- Manages requirements and tracing in requirements management software
- Considered to be an expert on product line system technical issues, and therefore is expected to own difficult technical problems and drive them to resolution
- Work independently or with a team to develop solutions that meet project requirements within the program schedule and budget constraints
- Supports system validation through reviews of validation test cases, test procedures, validation test plans, on-site builder/customer validation and technical support
- Establishes pass/fail criteria for critical functions and tests and participates in executing system validation plans and communicating results
- Make independent technical contributions in-support of program objectives, as well as interacting with other Wabtec engineers and customers
- Lead and guide less experienced system engineers
- BSEE/BSCS/BSCE and minimum 10 years system engineering experience.
- Knowledge and experience with INCOSE or similar SE standards
- A good understanding of communication systems and networking (TCP/IP).
- Ability to work in a very fast pace dynamic environment with daily adjustments to priorities and time to meet the needs of the organization.
- Attention to detail; approaches work in a meticulous and thorough manner.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to articulate clearly and concisely.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented with a clear focus on high quality.
- Railroad experience a plus.