The Business System Analyst facilitates the coordination of technical projects by acting as recognized leader and authority in a liaison role between the user community and the systems group. Conducts needs analysis, writes business specifications and gets involved in system design and selection resulting in increased productivity and reduced processing costs across business units.
- Acts as a liaison between the business unit and the systems group to facilitate the identification of business needs, process improvements, system design of large and/or complex technical projects, often requiring coordination of multiple functional areas.
- Coordinates the business systems analysis work to include estimation, analysis scheduling, work assignments and output delivery.
- Leads and supports the business systems analysis team.
- Analyzes and defines user requirements and translates them into system requirements to ensure understanding of the requirements by all project stakeholders.
- Identifies, evaluates, and implements process changes to improve information and processing systems.
- Analyzes business problems and proposes recommendations to decision makers.
- Evaluates new products or systems for applicability to business units.
- Reviews enhancements and projects after implementation to ensure compliance to specifications, and cost-effectiveness.
- Maintains expert level of business functional knowledge and current automated technologies.
- Develops test and implementation plans and coordinates testing of system enhancements and projects with the user area.
- Develops technical training programs and conducts user training.
- Develops system procedures, guidelines and technical documentation of new systems.
- Requires BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Three years plus of progressive experience as a Business Analyst or Business Systems Analyst
- Excellent requirement gathering techniques and exposure to industry methodologies (UML/Use cases)
- Requires strong communication skills, both verbal and written, organizational skills, interpersonal skills and project planning skills.
- Demonstrated aptitude towards problem identification, resolution and comprehension and interpretation of technical procedures.
- System savvy i.e. knowledge of web bases applications, ability to analyze data through SQL queries or other such tools, awareness of mainframe technologies and interface techniques, etc.
- Experience with documentation tools i.e. Visio, Magic Draw etc.