Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Acts as contact for all users on system issues or problems. Troubleshoots, identifies and tracks software and hardware issues to ensure resolution and keep systems operational. Develops recommendations and coordinates issue resolution with Information Technology (IT) and outside service providers based on business unit priorities. Documents and communicates problem resolution.
- Analyzes current processes, tools, system or database and makes recommendations for development, improvement or simplification. Acts as a subject matter expert in cross-functional teams to provide recommendations on new initiatives or projects. Assesses benefits to be derived from systems improvements and quantifies impact to business unit.
- Collaborates with business group management to develop appropriate training materials to support the needs of the functional area. Provides on-going end-user systems training to ensure continued and correct use of application and to roll out new tools and procedures.
- Gathers and documents business requirements. Designs and develops new and improved processes, tools and system enhancements to support business unit requirements. Participates in test plan development. Conducts or coordinates with IT developers to test system fixes, new releases and enhancements, changes and implementations, in order to ensure functionality and user acceptance.
- Maintains the integrity and the functionality of business unit systems by performing system and database maintenance. Monitors system performance; analyzes problems and recommends solutions. Monitors usage, practices, trends to identify potential problems. Maintains systems configurations, documentation and procedures, such as user setups and interface administration for departmental computing or non-enterprise systems. Researches, design and schedules standardized reports or create adhoc reports or data queries to support the business unit. Maintains standardized reports currently in production. Maintains a log of completed and ongoing system changes.
- Works with IT partners, functional and business systems analysts, customers and vendors on moderately complex projects to coordinate system enhancements. Tracks project progress and provides updates to impacted parties. Communicates new system functionality to department and assists users in understanding implications.
Summary of Experience
- End-user support and training (5 years)
- Experience with the applicable business system(s) (5 years)
- Functional experience in relevant area (5 years)
- Systems design, testing and implementation (5 years)
- Project management (2 years)
- Script development and application testing (2 years)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to convey technical information in an accessible and understandable manner
- Training and presentation skills
- Analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of functional area business objectives, strategies and work flow processes
- Advanced knowledge of business-specific application system, such as Portal, CAD, MRP
- Knowledge of business requirements management.