Business Systems Analyst Sr
5 - 7 years experience • Accounting, Finance & Insurance
Your future team
Our technology teams collaborate with their worldwide colleagues and partners every day to take on the challenges of providing IT support to one of the world’s leading financial services firm.
We’re people who believe that with the right values and hard work, anything is possible. We know that if we’re at our best, that enables our customers to be their best and realize their dreams and hoped for successes. The Information Technology group provides enterprise-wide IT solutions for all of AIG’s specialized disciplines.
Technology provides strategic and procedural support in all of AIG’s specialized disciplines, such as policy issuance, premium collection, claims handling, and administration.
It enables AIG to deliver business strategies through efficient world-class IT and operations services, while ensuring the necessary IT risk management and security measures are in place.
Your contribution at AIG
As an influencer at AIG, people come to you as a “go-to” source for help and support because of your deep knowledge and expertise. As a more experienced team member, you are capable of driving continual improvement and impacting the way that things get done. Because of your influence, whether direct or indirect, we are able to deliver powerful outcomes for our clients
- Acts as a liaison between client area, technical team, and other affected areas by planning, conducting, and directing the analysis of complex business problems to be solved through strategic ecommerce based solutions (e.g., Intranet and Internet).
- Responsible for gathering business requirements, verifying completeness and performing required analysis, including alternate & exception flows with the appropriate monitoring, error handling, notification, alarming and getting business sign-off on final requirements.
- Work with Application & QA teams to finalize design, estimates, test plans and timelines, then communicate back to their business client for sign-off and prioritization.
- Provide business clients with “directional” estimates on potential business projects, guidance on business requirements and technical input on projects/concepts.
- Support the quality assurance testing to ensure that business requirements are being addressed in the test plans.
- Responsible for ensuring that the end result of design, development and implementation of vendor products/platform meets requirements through orchestrated communication and collaboration of all involved groups.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of business processes for assigned areas in order to identify opportunities and recommend new solutions that reduce costs or extend current capabilities.
- Work within Analyst team to identify/communicate projects that are cross functional, and develop plan to address project duplication.
- Perform post-mortem and work with management team to implement changes.
- Provide facilitation, project and process management where needed.
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
• BS degree in Information Systems or relevant field
• 6+ years of business analysis experience
• Experience working in waterfall and agile environments
• Experience working through SDLC
• Experience in Insurance Domain.
• LOMA certification is a plus.