$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Business Systems Analyst Senior
Business industry professionals who elicit, analyze, communicate and validate business/user requirements for processes, policies and information systems. Translate these business needs/end-user requirements into functional specifications that describe what the system, process or product/service must do to fulfill the end-user/business requirements.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
• Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation time, and form of desired results.
• Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
• Influences business partners and service providers regarding priorities, hardware/software selection and/or vendor selection.
• Analyzes marketplace, industry, company, technology trends and best practices, vendor products and services, etc.
• Identifies and documents business strategies, objectives and drivers.
• Analyzes and documents business processes and metrics, and identifies improvement opportunities.
• Calculates/estimates costs and benefits of alternative actions or solutions to establish their viability/ROI.
• Re-engineers processes to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency.
• Identifies/documents how applications and systems interact to support business processes.
• Assesses, applies and projects the impact of system changes on users and internal and external clients or stakeholders.
• Uses knowledge of systems and industry requirements to develop or modify complex information systems.
• Writes test plans and test cases to ensure changes which are made to the application meet client needs and that application integrity is maintained.
• Conducts a variety of tests such as system, integration, readiness, and acceptance tests. Ensures that the changes made by programmers are correct. Conducts tests using client data to be certain client needs will be met. Verifies through testing that changes made by programmers to one part of the application do not impact other parts. Reports and reviews testing results.
• Trains internal employees or external clients on changes, new systems or new procedures. Conducts one-on-one or classroom training depending upon the size or desire of the audience.
• May mentor, guide, advise and or check the work of less experienced Business Systems Analysts.
• Considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment.
• Performs other related duties as required.
A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of One Call Care Management's products and services
• Knowledge of financial services industry
• Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles (i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development)
• Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
• Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
• Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
• Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
• Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
• Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
• Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
PHYSICAL/EMOTIONAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
• For roles located in office or home settings; this job is primarily sedentary and may involve repetitive motions; the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, speak, and hear
• For roles located in the field; this job is primarily active; the employee is regularly mobile and must be able to utilize transportation (such as driving), sit, use hands and fingers, speak, and hear
• The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and lift objects (up to 10 lbs. weight; up to 4 ft. height)
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to see things from a close distance and ability to adjust focus
• The work environment utilizes florescent lighting; noise level is moderate
• The emotional demand of the job may cause undue stress from, but not limited to, moderate/heavy workload
• Reasonable accommodations will be individually assessed and possibly made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position
• Please be advised the job description is subject to change at any time
Valid Through: 2019-10-21