News America Marketing (“NAM”), a subsidiary of News Corp [NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV], is the premier marketing partner of some of the world’s most well-known brands, and its broad network of shopper media, incentive platforms and custom merchandising services influences the purchasing decisions of online and offline shoppers across the U.S. and Canada. News America Marketing’s marketing solutions are available via multiple distributionchannels, including publications, in stores and online, primarily under the SmartSource brand name and through the Checkout 51 mobile application.
We have a rare opportunity for an experienced business systems analyst to join our amazing company and IT team. In this highly collaborative role, you will have a direct impact on transforming our finance function, building differentiating capabilities and driving efficiency and effectiveness. While we focus on configuring and optimizing use of modern commercial off the shelf business systems platforms, we are seeking a new team member that enjoys creative risk taking and bringing fresh ideas and innovation.
This position that will utilize your subject matter expertise of financialprocesses and systems to provide proactive customer service to our Finance and Accounting users. We seek team members that are passionate in providing internal consulting in leveraging modern technology to improve processes and enable corporate strategy, as well as being proficient in the support and enhancement of cloud platform applications.
- Lead collaborative efforts across the business to understand processes and pain points, as well as evaluate, recommend, and drive people, process, and technology improvements that align with NAM’s strategy
- Meet with business owners and end users to validate change management requests, collect business requirements and apply systems analysis techniques and procedures to determine system functional specifications
- Develop and document business process flows, system use cases, data models, context diagrams, system requirements and configurations
- Prepare time and cost estimates for completing tasks and projects
- Review software capabilities to identify solutions
- Produce, publish, and manage the development of test plans, system integration testing, and user acceptance testing
- Coordinate implementation of the system software, including configurations, data conversions, reports and dashboards, and system interfaces.
- Provide training, documentation, and support to users - analyze and resolve functional and technical problems of supported applications
- Interface with software vendors and suppliers in support of business applications
- Communicate with management and business partners on business systems and project status
- Design and develop reporting solutions using BI publisher (BIP), Oracle Transaction Business Intelligence (OTBI), Financial Reporting Studio (FRS), Smart View and BI cloud service (BICS)
- Deliver analytic dashboards, alerts and scheduled jobs for securityaudits, risk assessment, sensitive data accessibility and expense and payables related transaction anomalies.
- Continuously identify opportunities for improvement
- Must possess deep functional knowledge in at least two processes areas: Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Forecast to Delivery, Record to Report
- 1+ years of experience with Oracle Financial cloud (aka Oracle ERP Cloud, Oracle Cloud Fusion Financials), procurement cloud preferred
- 5+ years experience building and supporting financial modules in EBS R12 (preferred) or other ERP platforms (JD Edwards, Peoplesoft, SAP, etc.)
- Proven experienceworking with hybrid (onshore and offshore) development and support teams
- Ability to interact with and influence business stakeholders and adapt style as needed for technical or non-technical audiences
- Working knowledge of project management methodology
- Proficient knowledge of SQL, including the ability to write basic queries and perform application troubleshooting analysis at the database level
- Strong functional and moderate technical skills in supported business applications, preferably with Oracle Fusion Cloud
- Must have intermediate to advanced skills with business process management, business process improvement/reengineering, business systems analysis, meeting facilitation, and communication skills
- Industry certifications in business systems analysis, APICS, Lean Six Sigma, Agile, project management, and other domain areas a plus
- Experience in consumer packaged goods manufacturing, supply chain, or distribution industries preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a technical background: Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or related IT field
- 5-8 years of experience in information technology and 3+ years relevant experience in operations and supply chain, preferably as a business systems analyst in a fast paced organization