The Precision Dialogue Business Systems Analyst is the vital link between Information and Marketing Technology functions and business objectives of the end-user. Individual will provide support to ensure the successful completion of analytical, building, testing and deployment tasks for database and reporting builds. Business System Analysts have the unenviable roles of eliciting clear, concise, non-conflicting requirements from the Subject Matter Experts who may or may not understand how technology can be used to transform the business processes in a positive way. The BSA is the facilitator for the Subject Matter Experts, taking their input and transforming it into something that the development team can understand. One of the key components of this is clarifying the intent of the SME. The BA will spend a great deal of time asking questions like "What do you mean by that?" or "How does this fit in with what we were talking about earlier?" Questions like these expose potential, often subtle, differences in meaning between the SME and the rest of the development team. More importantly, these questions expose assumptions regarding business logic and processes that may not be clearly stated - or even stated at all by the SMEs.
- Understand the specific business domain (industry / environment of client)
- Consult with management and users to determine needs for specific system / database
- Lead requirement gathering meetings
- Identify and resolve conflicting requirements
- Transform business needs into technical requirements
- Work closely with the Solution Architect and/or Platform Architects in the creation of the business requirements documents (BRD). Ultimately, the BA will own the BRDs.
- Be on the look-out for potential scope creep items that do not fit the current scope. It is helpful to highlight in the BRD these out of scope items that were discussed.
- Develop user acceptance testing routines to fulfill business requirements.
- Specify inputs and outputs to meet user needs.
- Develop diagrams and flowcharts to facilitate programmer’s tasks
- Report on technical issues / questions, insights and findings and make recommendations to development team
- Responsibility for quality assurance
- Constantly look for ways to improve monitoring, discovery of issues and delivery of value to clients
- May be responsible for design of system to meet end-user needs
- Fit the Precision Dialogue culture: honesty; hard work; team-focused
- Gain “working knowledge” of technologies and methods required to keep Precision Dialogue “leading-edge”
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field such as Computer Science, Information Systems or Business Administration. MBA or Masters degree a plus.
- 3-5years experience in a technical field or business background
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to focus with close attention to detail
- Willingness to work in collaborative environment
- Solid experience in writing SQL queries. Knowledge of SAS and R a plus.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, R-Shiny, etc.
- Analyze data to draw business conclusions